ActionLA - Action for World Liberation  Everyday!
Tel: (213)403-0131

e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])

Please join our ActionLA Listserv
go to:_  http://lists.riseup.net/www/subscribe/actionla_
(http://lists.riseup.net/www/subscribe/actionla)
or send e-mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])

Boycott Across America

April 15th-22nd  2007
wearenotbuyingit.org               Fighting for  Truth  Fighting for  Justice
February 2007
There  are political realities we have to face if we are to be  successful in
this massive effort to bring the Bush  administration to justice.  While
millions are well aware  of the litany of criminal charges levied against this
administration, many of us have also been unwilling to accept  the very real
political power that they wield.  Frankly  the path of this administration is
littered with destroyed  reputations, ruined lives and untimely deaths.
It is  not outside of the realm of possibility that key members of  Congress
may be under extraordinary pressure to refrain from  pursuing criminal
charges.  The reasons for this position  are no doubt many:  They are
personally
compromised in  some way, they may want to hold onto expanded executive powers
for their own ends, they may truly feel as if the majority of  Americans are as
mean-spirited and destructive as the  administration so they want to appease
them.....or perhaps  they are just afraid and uncertain, lacking a moral
compass.
Whatever the actual pressures are that have  caused the Democratic leadership
to abandon any direct  opposition to the Bush Administration, we must
understand that  at heart, almost all politicians are concerned first and
foremost
with getting elected again.  And unless this  issue is heard within the home
districts of even the  staunchest neo-con Republican, it will be possible for
the  House Leadership to just ignore our calls for justice and  pursue their
own
politically driven agenda.                   Impeachment  Statistics
www.wearenotbuyingit.org
Change is  Hard
OK, There may be  lies, damned lies and statistics but the numbers can  also
reveal the truth.  Compare these two poll  results, the first and IPSOs poll
taken during the  elections and the second a Zogby poll released in  January---

IPSOs Poll  November 2007

Favoring Impeachment :
By Party
<!--[if  !supportEmptyParas]-->
    *   72% of Democrats
    *   56% of Independents
    *   20% of Republicans
    *   Region
    *   53% Northeast
    *   51% West
    *   50%  South
Now the Ipso's  poll was only asking for an up or down opinion.    After
House Speaker Pelosi took the issue "Off the  table" we see a 6% drop in
support
from Democrats.   But so what, the 3% gains with both the Independent and
Republican voters make up for  it.

Zogby Poll in  January 2007
    *   66% of Democrats
    *   59% of Independents
    *   23% of Republicans.

By  ideology, impeachment was supported by:
    *   90% of Progressives
    *   71% of Libertarians
    *   65% of Liberals
    *   58% of Moderates
    *   33%of  Conservatives
    *   ...and even 28%  of Very Conservative voters favor  impeachment!

(Still that  means a third of conservatives are open to the message  whereas
a third of liberals are  not!).

74% of  those 18-29
47% of those 31-49
49% of those  50-64
40% of those over 65
55% of women        49% of men.
By  Race:
75% of African  Americans
56% of Hispanics
47% of Whites
By  Religion:
Majorities of Catholics, Jews, and  Others favored impeachment,
while 44% of Protestants  and 38% of Born Again Christians did  so.

Majorities favored  impeachment in every region:
54% in the  East                                                   53% in the
 South                                                  2% in the  West
                                             50% In the Midwest

By community size  impeachment support  runs:
                                56% in large  cities
                      58% in small  cities
          48% in the  suburbs                                             46%
in rural areas
 There are a lot of  things you can do to help in this fight besides just
signing the pledge:
1.  If you are already  involved then keep up the work!  Helping to spread
the word about this boycott is a tremendous help in and  of itself!
2.  If you have time to  volunteer we have a  goal of reching out to people
in every Congressional  District.  There is a lot that you can do to help  just
by putting in an hour or two a  day.
3.  Make signs and flyers  and pass them out at work, at home and in the
community.  Promote the boycott as a civic action  to end the war and impeach
this  administration.
4.  Have faith and hope, we  can turn the tide, we can see justice once and
for  all.  We have only to believe in it and work for it  to see it become
reality
5.  Imagine the  impact.  If over 50% of Americans support  impeachment and
ending the war that means that somewhere  between 75 and 100 million adults.
How big of a  hit do you think corporate America is willing to risk  for this
Administration?
6.  Contribute artwork,  videos, essays and participate in our online
community  at www.wearenotbuyingit.org
Based  partially on the work of Dr. Peter Phillips we  know that the neo
cons, whom he refers to as the  "Global Domination Group" have been working
tirelessly for almost 40 years to gain this level  of power.
Hundreds  of millions of dollars have been poured into the  establishment of
"think tanks", in reality  ideologically driven policy mills, to move
American politics so far to the right that  despotism is  now a very real
possibility.
The  politics of today are the result of a longstanding  and concerted effort
by a group of ruthless and  self-serving individuals who seek nothing more
than to utterly weaken the Federal government and  unleash a new paradigm of
power based solely on  wealth and personal connections.
To stop  this drive towards the destruction of our  democracy we must step up
and do our duty, and  that is a scary word for many people.
We don't  like to be told what our duty is, especially if we  are staunch
advocates of personal freedom.   But our freedom comes with a price, it comes
with  responsibility whether we like it or not.
It has  often been said that freedom is a plant that  thrives with the blood
of patriots.  It has  also been pointed out that people will suffer for  a
long time in silence before they cast off any  form of government that they are
used  to.
The suffering wrought by our  government is immense, yet it is hidden from
most  of us.  2 million people in prison, rampant  poverty and corruption, over
600,000 lives utterly  shattered in a war based on lives, our  constitutional
rights undermined and erased by the  pen of a single man  but still we have
not  yet fully decided to risk our lives, property and  honor.
Is it because we still have our  TV, our job, our family.  Do we just look up
 from the latest episode of "Desperate Housewives"  and say, "Why rock the
boat?"
Because if we don't rock it now it  will no doubt sink and besides, how much
injustice  and waste does it take to say "We're Not Buying It  Anymore!"
    We Aren't Buying  It!
_http://getresponse.com/t/8086860/606407/178254760/_
(http://getresponse.com/t/8086859/606407/178254760/)
Media Freedom Foundation
P.O. Box 571
Cotati, California 94931
United States

ActionLA
Action for World Liberation  Everyday!
Tel: (213)403-0131

e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])

Please  Donate to ActionLA!
Send check pay to:
The Peace  Center/ActionLA
8124 West 3rd Street, Suite 104
Los Angeles, CA  90048
(at the memo line write donations to ActionLA/AFGJ, all donations are  tax
deductible)

The  web page has been design by Activist Design Studio
Please visit: _http://www.ActivistDesign.net_
(http://www.activistdesign.net/)
Toll-Free:  (888)635-3307

Please join our ActionLA Listserv
go to:_  http://lists.riseup.net/www/subscribe/actionla_
(http://lists.riseup.net/www/subscribe/actionla)
or send e-mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])

Please join our new Asian American Labor Activism Alert! Listserv,
send-e-mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])

Subscribe: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Digest: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>