Peace No War Network
War  is not the answer, for only love can conquer hate
Not in our Name! And  another world is possible!

_http://www.PeaceNoWar.net_ (http://www.peacenowar.net/)
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
Tel:  (213)403-0131

Please Join PeaceNoWar Listserv, send e-mail  to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])

3,500th Soldier Killed, 4th of July --  What Are Your Plans?

Susan Chenelle
UFPJ Internet Coordinator
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])

While June is already quite packed -- June 10-11th national mobilization
against the Israeli Occupation! UFPJ's 3rd National Assembly the weekend of
June
22-24th in Chicago! the US Social Forum in Atlanta at the end of the month!
--  there are a couple other events on the horizon that we wanted to check in
with  you about:

1) Another grim milestone is all-too-quickly approaching  ... the 3,500th
soldier killed in Iraq. As of today, 3,495 U.S. troops have  been killed,
according to Iraq Coalition Casualty Count, and May was the  deadliest month
for U.S.
troops since the war began over 4 months ago. It's also  been more than six
months since the Lancet Report estimated that more than  655,000 Iraqis had
died because of the invasion and occupation of their country  ... what is that
figure now? While Congress might think it's reasonable to wait  until September
to revisit the questions of funding and withdrawal timetables,  we know that
dozens, if not hundreds, of people are being killed every single  day that
Congress fails to end the war. Though we have marked far too many such
milestones, we must continue to do so to increase pressure on our
representatives and
senators, and to engage with people in our communities about  the horrendous
costs of war.

2) The 4th of July of course is an  excellent opportunity to engage our
neighbors, family, friends and elected  officials in discussions about
democracy,
justice, civil liberties ... about  the Bush Administration's assault on the
Constitution and the founding  principles of this country ... about how the
White House and the Congress have  abandoned our soldiers and left them in the
middle of an immoral and deadly war  ... and what to do about elected officials
who fail to represent us. In addition  to opening up these discussions, it
might make sense in your area to organize a  protest or some other public
antiwar
activity.

We know that some of  you are already planning actions around either or both
of these events.  If are planning something, or decide to organize something,
please make sure  that the details of your event are posted on the UFPJ
calendar, so that  those who would like to participate and members of the media
can
find it. You  can use this form: _http://www.unitedforpeace.org/addevent_
(http://www.unitedforpeace.org/addevent)   ... if you have any trouble with the
form, please email me at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]) .

After  your actions, please send us a report (with photos if possible), so
that we can  feature it on our Grassroots Action blog. Email your reports to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]) .

Peace!

Susan  Chenelle
UFPJ Internet Coordinator

Peace, No War
War is not the answer,  for only love can conquer hate
Not in our Name! And another world is  possible!

Information for antiwar movements, news across the  World, please visit:_
http://www.PeaceNoWar.net_ (http://www.peacenowar.net/)
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
Tel:  (213)403-0131

Please Join PeaceNoWar Listserv, send e-mail to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])

Please Donate to Peace No War Network!
Send check  pay to:
ActionLA/AFGJ

ActionLA / The Peace  Center
8124 West 3rd Street, Suite 104
Los Angeles, California  90048
(All donations are tax deductible)

The  web page has been design by Activist Design Studio
Please visit: _http://www.ActivistDesign.net_
(http://www.activistdesign.net/)
Toll-Free: (888)635-3307

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
*To  Translate this page to Arabic, please visit
ajeeb.com:_http://tarjim.ajeeb.com/ajeeb/default.asp?lang=1_
(http://tarjim.ajeeb.com/ajeeb/default.asp?lang=1)

*To Translate this page to French, Spanish, German,  Italian or Portuguese,
please visit Systran:_http://www.systransoft.com/_
(http://www.systransoft.com/)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
**"Report From Baghdad" CD-ROM**

Pacifica Radio  KPFK Los Angeles Reporter Lee Siu Hin's July 2003 trip to
U.S. occupied Iraq. An  interactive CD-ROM with articles, photos, audio and
video
interviews includes:  people of Iraq, U.S. military, human rights workers,
religious leaders and  more!

Please Visit the Web Site: _http://www.BaghdadReport.net_
(http://www.baghdadreport.net/)

Each CD costs: $15.00 plus $3.50 S/H (work both PC  and Mac)
The CD sells will be benefit the Baghdad Independent Media Center,  ActionLA,
and PeaceNoWar.net
*Additional donations are welcome, and it will  be tax deductible.

Send check/money orders to:

ActionLA  / The Peace Center
8124 West 3rd Street, Suite 104
Los Angeles, California  90048