Friday, October 19, 7:00 pm

The Los Angeles Coalition in Solidarity with Cuba presents
CUBAN FILM SERIES
Special Guests:  Professor Glenn Gebhard a film professor at Loyola Marymount
University,
will join us for this screening.  He will be bringing Dr. Neill McCauley who
was one of
the very few Americans who fought with Fidel Castro's 26th of July movement in
its fight
against dictator Fulgencio Batista.
   Cuba: A Lifetime of Passion
A feature-length documentary by Glenn Gebhard,  The film highlights current
Cuba, its
revolutionary past, and its coming transition.  The island nation is in the
45th year of
a fledgling revolution, an event which took power before most Cubans living
today were
alive.  We view behind the scene political manifestations of the Cuban
Revolution rarely
seen outside of the island, as well as an insider's look at Miami.  Though a
series of
beautifully shot interviews and sequences, we get to know much about the
current and
future situation of Cuba and its revolution.  They are highlighted through the
eyes of
Cubans who have lived through the current Communist system as well as those who
have
left.  We see Cuba from the point of view of confirmed pro-Castro Communists,
as well as
through oppositionists in Cuba, and those who have been 'stranded" in Miami in
"exile."
We also get perspective through the State Department in Washington, DC, and
from known
academics and authors.
 RSVP:  [EMAIL PROTECTED] or call  310-451-2752 (first 20)
 Home of: Rachel Sene and Jay Johnson
601 - 9th Street, Santa Monica, CA 90402
one block East of Lincoln and one block North of Montana.  South East corner.

$5 donation for The Cuban Five defense
http://www.freethefive.org

"I simply want to reiterate that at no time did I endanger the national
security of the
United States, nor was this ever my intent, or that of my comrades."
Fernando Gonzalez
( You may write to him in Spanish or English. He is fluent in both.)
Ruben Campa,  # 58733-004, FCI Terre Haute, P.O.Box 33, Terre Haute, IN 47 808
  *NOTE: Address the envelope to "Ruben Campa," address the letter inside to
Fernando.

Continue discussion at:
Izzy's  Deli -15th and Wilshire, Santa Monica
Free valet parking in rear or street parking

Subscribe: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Digest: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Help: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>