(Page down for details on each item.  For Orange County
transit information, try http://www.octa.net/justclick or
http://google.com/transit)

#1  OC Peace Coalition General Meeting Saturday,
     November 10th in Orange

#2  Troops Home Now Rally in Laguna Woods Saturday,
      November 10th

#3  End the Occupation Demo in Fullerton Saturday
      November 10th

#4  Seymour Hersh:  "The Road from 9/11 to Abu Ghraib"
     at UCI Tuesday, November 13th

#5  "Perspectives on Annapolis Peace Conference" at
      Cousins Club Meeting in Irvine Tuesday, Nov. 20th
#1  OC Peace Coalition General Meeting Saturday,
    November 10th in Orange

(in accordance with our usual "second and fourth
Saturday" schedule)

WHEN:  10 AM Saturday, November 10th
WHERE:
   Sisters of St. Joseph Justice Center
           480 S. Batavia in Orange
WHO:  All interested people are invited, especially
            anyone who might represent one of our member
            organizations.

We're likely to be discussing such things as
fundraising, educational projects, outreach to new groups,
boycotts, new literature, counter-recruitment, and anything
that might end the war sooner (excluding any specific
support of candidates or political parties).

Please bring your ideas, and be ready to step
up and participate.

DIRECTIONS:
Turn into the parking lot from Batavia just north
of La Veta Ave., drive around to the left, to the
south side of the complex.  Look for signs to
direct you to the room we've been assigned.  This
time it's likely to be Classroom 4.

web site:  www.ocpeace.org
phone:  (714) 637-8313
#2  Troops Home Now Rally in Laguna Woods Saturday,
      November 10th

From: "shirley mcgovern" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On the day before "Veteran's Day", People for Peace
will honor veterans of all wars past and support our
troops still on the battlefields of Iraq and elsewhere
in the world.

A "Bring the Troops Home Now" rally will be held
Saturday, November 10th from 11 am to 12:30 pm,
at the corner of El Toro and Paseo De Valencia in
Laguna Woods.  Participants have been given
permission to park in back of the bank's parking lot.

This event provides the community with an opportunity
to express their concerns about our purpose and
presence in Iraq and a possible attack on Iran.  The
People for Peace, an ad-hoc committee of Concerned
Citizens, believes that by withdrawing our troops, we
are not only savings lives, but will allow the Iraqi people
to rebuild their embattled country.

Signs will be provided, or bring your own.
Newcomers especially invited.  Info:949-588-9367

#3  End the Occupation Demo in Fullerton Saturday
      November 10th

(Note:  Matthew has notified us that he personally
can't make it to this demo, but others are welcome
to carry it on without him.   --GJ)

From: "Matthew" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Our government is spending 12 billion dollars a month
to occupy Iraq. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! We can no
longer sit on the sidelines and watch our country
implode. Please come join us in stopping the lies
and putting an end to this war. These protests are
to be peaceful. Please bring a sign and candles, and
coffee is always welcome.

We will do all in our power to help end this hypocrisy
within our government but we need your help as well.
Anything you can do to help is greatly appreciated and
will be felt."

We will be gathering on the corner of
Harbor and Chapman in Downtown Fullerton
at 6:30 p.m. on the 10th of November.

I am trying to host these events every two weeks on
Saturday, but school is so busy, sometimes I can
not do it.

For future dates of protests in Fullerton contact
Matthew at [EMAIL PROTECTED] Thank you
very much to all who've given the ultimate and deserve
the same.

Please join us in the struggle... Alone we are
powerless but together we are mighty!"
#4  Seymour Hersh:  "The Road from 9/11 to Abu Ghraib"
     at UCI Tuesday, November 13th

http://www.hnet.uci.edu/SOH/bin/display_event_detail.php?recid=1724&dept_
code_val=514&css_path=hctr&bkgd=ded7c0&file_name=events

SEYMOUR HERSH
"THE ROAD FROM 9/11 TO ABU GHRAIB"

November 13, 2007
7:30 PM in 100 Humanities Instructional Building
(Lucille Kuehn Auditorium)

Seymour Hersh's journalism and publishing prizes include the
Pulitzer Prize, a record five George Polk Awards, the
Lennon-Ono Peace Prize, and more than a dozen other prizes
(Sigma Delta Chi, Worth Bingham, Sidney Hillman, etc.) for
investigative reporting. His ground-breaking reports include
many that are landmark events in American journalism: the
Abu Ghraib prison abuse in Iraq, the My Lai massacre in Vietnam,
the C.I.A.'s bombing of Cambodia, Henry Kissinger's wiretapping
of his own staff, and the C.I.A.'s efforts against Chile's
assassinated President, Salvador Allende.

Most recently, Hersh's articles in the New Yorker have
probed the underside of the Iraq war, the looming threat
of war with Iran, and the military quagmire caused by these
conflicts.

Sponsored by the Chancellor's Distinguished Fellows Series
and the UCI Humanities Center.

This event is free and open to the public. Seating is limited and
will be on a first-come, first-served basis. Parking is $7 and
available in the Student Center lot on the corner of Campus
and West Peltason.

For more information, contact the Humanities Center at
(949) 824-3638 or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Campus map and directions:
http://www.uci.edu/campusmaps.shtml
#5  "Perspectives on Annapolis Peace Conference" at
      Cousins Club Meeting in Irvine Tuesday, Nov. 20th

From: Ted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Cousins Club of Orange County
P.O. BOX 5891, ORANGE CA 92863-5891, www.cousinscluboc.org
We meet at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, November 20, 2007
(3rd Tuesday)

"Perspectives on the Annapolis Peace Conference"
A survey by Peace Now shows that 73 percent of the Israeli
Public is hoping for a final agreement within a year of the
conference. Can this dream be realized?

We will present four perspectives: Joe Chaikin - Israel;
Nabil Dajani -The Palestine Authority; Asim Altamimi -
Hamas; and Ruth Shapin - The USA. Discussion will follow.

We meet at the Irvine Ranch Water District Offices 15600 on
Sand Canyon Ave between the 5 freeway and the 405.  Get
off the 5 freeway at Sand Canyon and go south to Waterworks
Drive. Exit the 405 freeway at Sand Canyon and go north to
Waterworks Drive.

Subscribe: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Digest: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Help: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>