----- Original Message -----
From: Ron Gochez
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 8:25 AM
Subject: [DopeXResistance-L.A.] Obama is NOT the answer or our best
"option"...he's just another Democrat...

Please spread this to your lists...the masses of oppressed people's in the US
have to know that neither the Republicans nor the Democrats will bring us a
better way of life. History has proven this. This "lesser of the two evils"
notion is such a limited and even backwards way of thinking. Even if the
Democrats were to be less evil (which history shows that they are not), that
concept would still let you know that they are EVIL!!

Can ANYone show me ANYthing that ANY Democratic President has EVER done for the
oppressed African, Indigenous or any peoples of color???

The analysis on the Democratic Party is CRYSTAL CLEAR...TRANSPARENT...they are
Capitalists & Imperialists...just as much as the Republicans....no ands, if's
or buts. To support the Democrats is, whether we like it or not and whether we
admit it or not, to support the oppression of the masses of the world. Don't
let skin color fool you...neo-colonialism is a powerful tool that has long been
used by White Power to keep its position at the top socially, politically and
economically. If Malcolm X and Frantz Fanon understood this 40+ years ago, why
are so many of us still confused over this question today?

If you are sincere about seeing a TRUE change in this society, dedicate
yourself to organizing in the streets! This is the hardest but most neccessary
work that FEW dare to take on. Change will NOT come via the ballot box in this
country! The 2000 elections demonstrated that the entire system is a scam so if
some of us still believe in that system, that is a sad reality. Those who say
that "Our vote is our voice" are lying to you. Hell. most of the Raza community
can't even vote anyway so that alone should tell you that this is NOT a
democracy. We can pay taxes, we can clean your homes, we can die for oil and
White Power in Iraq/Afghanistan but we can't even vote! We can't be lazy and
think that voting is the only way to make change...grassroots ORGANIZING is the
only way! The Villaraigosa's and Obama's (neo-colonials) of this society are
dangerous because they confuse and fool a lot of our people's...so I hope that
many of us are not falling into this trap...don't believe the hype! Independent
community organization is the only solution.

All Power to the People! Que viva la organizacion popular!

Ron Gochez
Social Justice Educator/Community Organizer

Mensaje se repitira en espanol...

-----------------------------------

After the first day of the Democratic Party Convention the Raza Rights
Coalition offers our opinion to the debate over the presidential campaign of
Obama-Biden 2008
Recently there has been much talk about the "Obamamania" phenomenon, not only
in African American communities, but also in many oppressed communities of
color within the current political borders of the U.S.  There are some voices
that are saying that Obama is another type of candidate that brings hope and
will bring fundamental changes, and that these will benefit the majority of
people.  They argue that our vote is our voice, and that Obama is the best
that's out there, when compared to the other presidential candidate John McCain.

The Raza Rights Coalition has maintained that neither one of the political
parties, democrats or republicans of the gringo political system will improve
our conditions as a people.  We have maintained since our beginning in 1989,
that only an organized struggle, committed to achieving a dignified existence-,
which means ensuring that every one has access to the basic needs in order to
live-, a recognition and respect for human rights, will bring about the
necessary chage that our community aspires towards. The candidate in either
McCain or Obama-Biden will not do this.

The Raza Rights Coalition bases its understanding on the concrete reality on
which Barack Obama and Joe Biden represent in terms of "real change." However
before we enter into details of the Democratic Party candidate, we would like
to say just a few things about the Republican candidate John McCain.

It is important to say that John McCain is of the most nefarious characters in
political power in Washignton D.C. He promotes military expansion, military
occupation of nations (Irak and Afghanistan), he believes that the rich should
not have to pay taxes, promotes the expansion of the Border Wall (wall of
death) and increasing in the number of Border Patrol and ICE agents- that
political police that terrorizes our communities, and finally he is aligned
with the huge oil industry. Fidel Castro wrote a summary of John McCain in his
reflections entitled : The Republican Candidate, written between February 11-16
of this year. The Raza Rights Coalition completely agrees with the observations
made by Compañero Fidel Castro and for these reasons we energetically reject
the candidacy of John McCain for President of the United States.

The Raza Rights Coalition bases itself on concrete facts, and we consider
important to present the following on the Obama-Biden candidacy and their
agenda for "change."

1. Obama has pronounced himself in favor of continuing with the re-enforcement
and increase in the militarization of the border.  Time and time again he has
declared that a reform on the issue of immigration should have as a condition a
border that would guarantee national security.  In his declarations Obama has
maintained that his support for the construction of the wall of shame will be
able to guarantee the security of the U.S.  It is clear that Obama also has
forgotten about the more than 5,000 deaths of men, women, and children along
the U.S./Mexico border.

2.  On the issue of exterior politics, Obama recently reiterated his continued
support for the criminal blockade against the Cuban people, as he made a
pilgrimage to Miami to speak, with a sombrero in hand he spoke to the National
Cuban American Foundation. This terrorist organism that renders service to the
CIA has attacked its own people since they ran out of Cuba after the heroic
Revolution of 1959.  Now Obama has the "guts" to appear in front of white &
racist Cubans, and apologize for the abolition of racial inequality, and he
dates to promise to work to implement regression to the feudal, dependent, and
racist system of before.  He also speaks of human rights when his actions
defend a system that for decades has trampled over the fundamental rights of
its own people.  What a contradiction.  It is clear that Obama forgot the
continuous acts of terrorism of the U.S. government against the heroic Cuban
peoples.

On the same note, Obama also reiterated his support for Israel, a state that
tramples and suffocates human rights of the native Palestine peoples and
occupies territories not belonging to them-a photocopy of the U.S. in the
Middle East. In fact, he has not proposed a fundamental change in the war and
the occupation in Iraq, except for a few cosmetic changes.  Now he proposes
"more support for the fight against terrorism in Afghanistan without
questioning at any point the doctrine of imperialism and Yankee Intervention in
the Middle East.  Once again Obama forgot to mention the more than 600,000
victims of the war and occupation in Iraq.

3. His economic program has not really contemplated something substantial in
terms of fundamental changes that will really better the living conditions of
the working class.  He speaks of change and does not propose any real
amelioration for workers, farmers, students, housewives, and other sectors of
our community.  The most deplorable thing is that his rhetoric of hope creates
more confusion than a real solution.  For decades, candidates of one party or
another, of the rich & white-regardless of their individual color-have promised
a solution or hope if we "behave" and if the privileged ones go out and vote
they can sit and wait for the "changes."  It is time to say, Enough! to the
deceived ones and understand that the real changes are created from below-from
the grassroots.

This is why the Raza Rights Coalition at the beginning of the year at its
annual retreat discussed the importance of this campaign: Neither Democrats,
Nor Republicans - Only an Organized People's Power will Overcome!  We cannot
keep looking for a savior amongst the rich. We cannot negotiate our dignity. We
cannot wait until the "good will" of the "good citizens" comes upon us and that
a miracle will happen through the vote will save us from deportations and daily
infringements. If we want real changes, if we want to be able to look into the
eyes of our children and create a better tomorrow for everyone, we must be
honest and understand that the time to struggle has come.  The need to give our
free time up and join an organized process is now.  To be able to create the
changes that are necessary, it will need to happen from below-from the bases.

The solution is not amongst the politicians that seek a position and who will
in the meantime forget about their promises.  It will not be the rich in power
who break the chains of oppression-the solution is in our own people and
communities.  In this campaign, we can all participate, and we should all
participate, regardless of immigration status.  We will not and should not
confirm ourselves with a simple vote and wait for "changes."  For almost 20
years, since its inception in 1989, the Raza Rights Coalition has fought to
make a reality the demands of the Raza Rights Coalition.

¡Ni Demócratas, Ni Republicanos: Solo el Poder del Pueblo Organizado Vencerá!

We offer to all those that believe in fundamental social change; and for those
that can think beyond the two party dictatorship the alternate that we have
begun to build. We offer you our latest issue of PUEBLO UNIDO (May-August 2008).

http://www.coalicionproderechos.org/pueblounido/2008/PU_may_aug2008.pdf

http://www.coalicionproderechos.org/Other/ASAMBLEA_Aug2008.pdf

http://www.coalicionproderechos.org/Other/15_de_sept_2008.pdf

Raza Rights Coalition
-project of Unión del Barrio

En el día que inicia la convención del Partido Demócrata, La Coalición ofrece
nuestra opinión en torno a la candidatura de Obama-Biden 2008.

Recientemente, se ha hablado mucho del fenómeno Obamamania que se esta viendo,
no solo en comunidades afro americanas, sino en muchas comunidades oprimidas y
de color dentro de las fronteras políticas actuales de los Estados Unidos. Hay
algunas voces que dicen, que Obama es otro tipo de candidato que nos traerá
esperanza y hará cambios fundamentales y que estos traerán beneficios para las
masas de nuestro pueblo. Ellos alegan que nuestro voto es nuestra voz y que
Obama es lo mejor que hay. Y comparan la candidatura de Obana en contraste al
de John McCain, quien promueve las mismas políticas del genocida Bush.

La Coalición Pro-Derechos de la Raza ha mantenido que ninguno de los dos
partidos, demócratas o republicanos, del sistema político gringo mejorarán las
condiciones fundamentales de nuestra comunidad. Hemos mantenido desde nuestro
inicio en 1989, que solo una lucha organizada, comprometida con las necesidades
mas elementales del ser humano por una existencia digna, y el reconocimiento y
respecto a los derechos humanos creara el cambio a la cual nosotros aspiramos.

La Coalición Pro-Derechos de la Raza se basa en hechos concretos y consideramos
importante presentar lo siguiente sobre Obama y el candidato a la
vise-presidencia Joe Biden y su verdadera agenda de "cambio". Pero antes de
entrar en detalle sobre los candidatos demócrata, quisiéramos decir algunas
palabras del candidato Republicano John McCain.

Es importante decir que John McCain es del corte mas nefasto de las cúpulas del
poder en Washington. Promueve el expansionismo militar, la ocupación militar de
pueblos (Irak y Afganistán), cree que los ricos no deberían pagar impuestos,
promueve la expansión del muro de la muerte e incremento de personal de la
migra para que siga aterrorizando a nuestro pueblo, está alineado a los
intereses de las empresas petroleras. Fidel Castro resume a este personaje de
manera clara en sus reflexiones titulada: El Candidato Republicano, publicadas
del 11-16 de febrero del presente año. La Coalición comparte plenamente la
perspectiva del compañero Fidel y por estas razones denunciamos enérgicamente
la presidencia del candidato republicano John McCain.

Para la Coalición Pro-Derechos de la Raza existen tres razones fundamentales
por el cual no coincidimos con la candidatura de Obama-Biden.

1. Obama se ha pronunciado a favor de continuar con el reforzamiento e
incremento de la militarización en la frontera. Una y otra vez ha declarado que
una reforma en el tema migratorio deberá poner como condición a una frontera
que pueda garantizar la seguridad nacional. En sus declaraciones Obama ha
mantenido que su apoyo por la construcción del muro fronterizo podrá garantizar
la seguridad de Estados Unidos. Es claro que a Obama también se le olvidáron
las mas de 5,000 muertes de hombres, mujeres y niños a los largo de la frontera
entre México y Estados Unidos.

2. En el tema de política exterior, Obama recientemente reiteró su apoyo
continuo al bloqueo criminal contra el pueblo de Cuba al hacer una
peregrinación a Miami y hablar, sombrero en mano a la Fundación Nacional Cubana
Americana. Este organismo  terrorista al servicio de la CIA ha atacado a su
propio pueblo desde que salieron huyendo de Cuba tras el heroico triunfo de la
revolución del Movimiento 26 de Julio en enero de 1959. Ahora, Obama tiene las
agallas de aparecer frente a los cubanos blancos y racistas, y disculparse por
la abolición de la desigualdad racial y se atreve a prometerles que trabajara
para implementar la regresión al sistema feudal, dependiente, y racista de
antes. También habla de derechos humanos cuando con sus acciones defiende a un
sistema que por siglos ha atropellado los derechos fundamentales de su propio
pueblo. Que incongruencia. Es claro que a Obama se le olvidaron los continuos
actos de terrorismo del gobierno de Estados Unidos en contra del pueblo heroico
cubano.

En el mismo tema, Obama también reiteró su apoyo a Israel, un estado que
aplasta y sofoca los derechos humanos de los pueblos nativos palestinos y ocupa
territorios que no son suyos-una copia fotostática de Estados Unidos en el
Oriente Medio. De hecho, no ha  propuesto un cambio fundamental en la
trayectoria de la guerra y la ocupación en Irak, salvo algunos cambios
cosméticos. Ahora propone "mas apoyo a la lucha contra el terrorismo en
Afghanistan" sin cuestionar en ningún momento la  doctrina del imperialismo y
la intervención yanqui en Oriente Medio. Una vez más, Obama olvido mencionar a
las más de 600,000 victimas de la guerra y ocupación en Irak.

3. Su programa económico no ha contemplado realmente algo sustancial en cuanto
a cambios fundamentales que logren verdaderamente mejorar las condiciones de
vida del pueblo trabajador. Habla de cambio y no propone alivio real para los
obreros, campesinos, estudiantes, amas de casa y otros sectores de nuestro
pueblo. Lo más deplorable es que sus habladurías de esperanza crean más
confusión que solución. Por décadas candidatos de un partido u otro, de los
ricos y blancos-irrespectivo de su color individual- han prometido una solución
o esperanza si nos "portamos bien" y si los privilegiados van y depositan su
voto en las urnas y se sientan a esperar los "cambios".  Es hora de decir, ¡Ya
basta! a estos engaños y asumir nuestra responsabilidad en crear los cambios
verdaderos desde las bases de nuestra sociedad; manzana, comunidad, ciudad,
condado.

Por esto, la Coalición Pro-Derechos de la Raza a inicios del año en su retiro
anual discutió la importancia de esta campaña: ¡Ni Demócratas, Ni
Republicanos-Solo el Poder del Pueblo Organizado Vencerá! No podemos seguir
buscando o esperando que un político de la clase dominante (los ricos) salga a
"salvarnos". No podemos limosnear la dignidad. No podemos esperar que la buena
voluntad de los "buenos ciudadanos" nos caiga encima y que un milagro a través
del voto nos salve de las deportaciones y los abusos diarios. Si queremos
cambios verdaderos, si queremos poder ver a los ojos a nuestros hijos y crear
un mejor mañana para ellos, debemos ser honestos y llegar a la realización que
la hora de luchar ha llegado. La necesidad de entregar nuestro tiempo e
integrarnos a un proceso organizativo es ahora. Para poder crear los cambios
que son necesarios habrá que empezar desde abajo-desde las bases.

La solución no esta en los políticos que solo buscan el puesto y quienes pronto
olvidan las promesas. No serán los ricos en el poder quienes rompan las cadenas
de opresión-la solución esta en nuestro pueblo mismo. En esta campaña [EMAIL
PROTECTED] podemos y debemos participar independientemente del estatus
migratorio de las personas, no debemos ni podemos conformarnos con el simple
voto y esperar "los cambios" Por casi los 20 años-desde su inicio en 1989, la
Coalición Pro Derechos de la Raza ha luchado por hacer realidad las demandas de
la Coalición.

¡Ni Demócratas, Ni Republicanos; Solo el Poder del Pueblo Organizado Vencerá!

Ofrecemos a todos quienes creen en un cambio verdaderamente fundamental; y a
quienes son capaces de pensar más allá de la dictadura de los dos partidos
ofrecemos nuestra alternativa que hemos empezado a construir. Les ofrecemos
nuestro mas reciente edición de Pueblo Unido (Mayo-Agosto 2008)- boletín de la
Coalición Pro-Derechos de la Raza.

http://www.coalicionproderechos.org/pueblounido/2008/PU_may_aug2008.pdf

http://www.coalicionproderechos.org/Other/ASAMBLEA_Aug2008.pdf

http://www.coalicionproderechos.org/Other/15_de_sept_2008.pdf