via Detention Watch Network: http://bit.ly/9mTvwA

We urge all artists who want to challenge immigration enforcement and
detention to take action and create an image. The images will be used
as part of our online campaign DIGNITY NOT DETENTION
http://detentionwatchnetwork.org (much like the excellent images
created for the AltoArizona campaign
http://www.altoarizona.com/artcampaign.html).

Details:

   * Create an image that shows your support for our demands (below).
   * Make sure to include the title of the campaign in the work:
“Dignity not Detention”
   * Send all submissions and questions to t...@detentionwatchnetwork.org
   * Deadline: Ideally October 5, before our “Day of Action” on
October 6 but we’re happy to accept art throughout the month.

Specifications:

   * Image size must be 18×24 inches with a 1/2 inch border all the
way around. We’d like these dimensions in case we want to publish the
image in the future (with attribution of course).

Our Campaign Demands:

1. Put an end to human rights abuses in the immigration detention and
deportation systems.
2. Halt wasteful government spending on detention growth.
3. Prevent the arbitrary detention of more than 300,000 people year
and start using cost-saving alternatives.
4. Restore due process to immigration laws and guarantee that every
person has the right to a fair day in court.
5. End expansion of local enforcement programs that are contributing
to the growth of the detention system.

We look forward to sharing your work on this blog and throughout our campaign!

The Detention Watch Network (DWN), the national coalition of
organizations and individuals working to educate the public and policy
makers about the U.S. immigration detention and deportation system and
advocate for humane reform so that all who come to our shores receive
fair and humane treatment.

We believe that by working together we can effect greater change in
the immigration detention system. Our members and supporters include
organizations providing services to those in immigration detention and
their families, and organizations and individuals advocating on behalf
of those in immigration detention. We are lawyers, activists, social
workers, national advocates, students, community organizers, faith
communities, former detainees, and affected families from around the
country.