Marcy Winograd to Run for Congress Again!

Winograd to Kick Off Campaign for Harman's Vacated Seat Tomorrow
Saturday, February, 26th, 10:00 AM
She Will Speak in Front of Fox Drug in Torrance (Old Town), 1327 El Prado,
Torrance 90501

Marcy Winograd, a veteran high school teacher and anti-war activist, will
announce her candidacy in the June Special Election in California's 36th
congressional district race.

In the recent June, 2010, Democratic Party primary, Winograd received 41% of
the  vote against now-resigning representative Jane Harman.

Says Winograd, "Our platform, then and now, is Jobs, Not Wars.  Each week we
spend 2-billion taxpayer dollars on the occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan,
while people at home are suffering without adequate jobs, housing, or health
care.  In Congress, I will fight to put people back to work in productive
ways and to protect our social safety net from corporate greed and war
profiteering."

Winograd adds, "Now is the time to join the international call for greater
democracy, and to restore the people's voice to the people's House."

The founder of Progressive Democrats of America's Los Angeles chapter,
Winograd calls herself  "the true progressive" in the race.

An educator for fifteen years, Winograd teaches English at Crenshaw High
School in South Los Angeles, where she engages her students in civics,
journalism, and debate.

Says Winograd, "I am not a career politician, jumping ship in search of a
better opportunity.  I am a long-time community organizer, rooted in the
labor & peace movements.  I am here to serve."

~~~~~~
Contact Marcy - Email:  ma...@winogradforcongress.com  or:
winogradte...@gmail.com

Website:  www.winogradforcongress.com

~~~~~~

A Message from Frank Dorrel:

Marcy is the best candidate for national office that I have ever known. She
is the real deal. Marcy is one of us. She is truly for Peace. And she is not
afraid to speak the truth, even if is somewhat unpopular for her to do so.
We supported her the other two times she ran and we support her now.

Read what Marcy Wrote Last Week:

At first, I had hoped to support one of the other Democratic Party
candidates, either Janice Hahn or Debra Bowen, but both are following in
Harman's footsteps, most recently with Bowen signing Hahn's pledge to
support Israel unconditionally, condemn "anti-Israel" rhetoric, and praise
Harman for her leadership on national security.

Regardless of where we stand on middle east issues, most Americans embrace
free speech and welcome debate.  To try to silence dissent in the 36th
district and beyond is troubling at best; foreboding at worst.

We deserve real representation, not politicians beholden to special interest
groups, rubber-stamping failed foreign policies.

If I were to humbly represent you, I would make job creation in the new
economy my top priority, along with the pursuit of everlasting peace.

www.winogradforcongress.com