*ILLEGAL WAR NEWS

*
**

*French news is reporting
<http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110615/wl_sthasia_afp/usattacksbinladenpakistan_20110615061612;_ylt=AruIGbgoBEvptyo8TGe6wDOFOrgF;_ylu=X3oDMTMwYXQ0amJpBGFzc2V0A2FmcC8yMDExMDYxNS91c2F0dGFja3NiaW5sYWRlbnBha2lzdGFuBHBvcwM3BHNlYwN5bl9wYWdpbmF0ZV9zdW1tYXJ5X2xpc3QEc2xrA3Bha2lzdGFuYXJyZQ-->

that **five Pakistani informants who assisted the CIA ahead of the raid
that killed Osama bin Laden have been arrested, as tensions mount
between the USA and Pakistan.  We said in /LUV News/, at the time, that
we felt the raid had to have inside help, and this indicates that it was
not sanctioned by Pakistan's government.  In addition, drone bombers
operating out of Pakistan have been moved to Afghanistan, the first
we've heard they were taking off and landing in Pakistan, under the
noses of government officials "condemning" the bombings of Pakistan's
Western Pashtun "Taliban."
*

*Our government got itself into this by staging an unsanctioned raid,
and one must imagine how our nation would take it if a foreign
government staged a raid in this country to take out someone like Henry
Kissinger, recognized by many as a war criminal certainly responsible
for killing a thousand times as many innocents as bin Laden.
*

*Glenn Greenwald points out that the bombing in Yemen is also illegal
<http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2011/06/14/yemen_illegal_war/index.html>,

to add to the long list of crimes our nation has committed over the past
decade in the phony "war on terrorism."
*

*Congressman Kucinich, with bipartisan assistance, is expected to file a
complaint in federal court today to force President Obama to seek
Congressional support for his illegal attacks on Libya.
*

*ATTACK ON WORKING CLASS CONTINUES IN WISCONSIN

*
**
*The Wisconsin Supreme Court overturned a ruling by a judge that
Governor Walker's measure limiting public sector collective bargaining
be voided, by a vote of 4-3.  This means the Governor will get his way
and take away worker rights, as directed by his backers, the billionaire
Koch brothers.
*
**
*KOCH BROTHERS WANT TO CONTINUE TO POISON US

*
**

*Formaldehyde has been listed by the government as a carcinogen.  We
have known since 1980 that it caused cancer in rats, so why did it take
so long to classify it?

Well, because billionaires profiting from formaldehyde, like the Koch
brothers, have been lobbying against its being listed
<http://www.truth-out.org/ralph-nader-koch-brothers-led-fight-defend-formaldehyde-despite-carcinogenic-evidence/1308070723>

as a poison.  And why did they do this?  Well, the styrofoam cups they
make, from which you drink your coffee, have formaldehyde in them,
together with benzene, another known carcinogen.
*

*Most of our ruling Forces of Greed
<http://members.cox.net/libertyuv/FOG.htm> (FOG) will kill you for a
dime in profit, but there is something you can do to protect yourself.
Here's a story out this morning
<http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/14/clean-fifteen-low-pesticide-produce_n_876580.html>

listing the fifteen fruits and veggies****relatively unlikely to be
contaminated by pesticides, for those who can't afford to eat organic.
*

*Our ruling FOG have knowingly filled our air, water and soil with
poisons we can no longer avoid, such as dioxins, but fresh fruits and
vegetables are known to boost the immune system, your best defense
against it, when combined with exercise, proper sleep, hydration,
sunshine and lack of stress (meditation is great for stress).
*

**The following piece is by Ted Rall, whose political cartoons we often
use, because they are among the best in the progressive blogospere.  At
/LUV News/ we were proud to make the initial announcement of the mass
protest planned for 6 October, but we are not satisfied.

More than a thousand people have pledged to be there, including Ted Rall
and me, but we want tens of thousands soon, running into hundreds of
thousands later, and although nobody's saying this now, at /LUV News/ we
want more than a million the first day, so that the swampy ground around
Washington shakes, ****along with our sellout politicians****, when we
march.

This is real democracy in action, not a bogus election sponsored by Wall
Street, defense cheats and polluters, shutting out all public interest
candidates with their media control.

I have never felt more like I'm participating in democracy than when
joining people marching for social justice, peace, a clean environment,
and the other things /LUV News/ stands for
<http://members.cox.net/libertyuv/Belief.htm>, and I know /LUV News/
readers will blast this all over the internet and get people to sign up
at the web site <http://www.october2011.org/> to force our nation to
stand for something higher than slaughtering Muslims and bailing out
banksters  --Jack
**

*The Revolution Will Not Be Deactualized* <http://www.rall.com/rallblog/>*
*

*
*

*by Ted Rall
*

**

*/Oct. 6th: Will Tahrir Square Come to Washington?/*

**

*I used to work for Democratic candidates. I was campus activist. I
marched in protests.*

**

*But, in the 1980s, I quit politics. I was fed up. The Left was impotent
and inept. They didn't want to change things. They were content with
theater. Bad theater at that: dorks on stilts, boring speakers, stupid
slogans, the same old chants. "The people, united, will never be defeated!"*

**

*Except---we were defeated. We didn't even fight. *

**

*Our protests were poorly attended. The media ignored us. And we always
lost. Even the Democrats didn't care about us or our opinions. By the
time Bill Clinton won in 1992, the progressive wing of the party was
good for one thing: voting Democratic.*

**

*Along with millions of others, I drifted away.*

**

*Now, finally, for the first time in decades, I am excited.*

**

*We can change everything. Here. In America. Now.*

**

*People are rising up in Tunisia, Egypt, Jordan and Syria. Patriotic
Afghans, Iraqis and Yemenis are fighting puppet dictators propped by
U.S. military occupation. They demand an end to violent, corrupt
governments that serve themselves but not their citizens. People in the
Middle East and European countries such as Greece refuse to accept
systemic poverty and unemployment so that a tiny slice of corrupt,
well-connected elites can continue to amass wealth.*

**

*Why just in other countries? Why not here?*

**

*Why can't we have a Tahrir Square? *

**

*Lord knows we need one.*

**

*Here in the United States, corrupt politicians and their corporate
overlords have raped the wealthiest nation in the history of
civilization, reducing one out of five Americans to unemployment as the
income of the rich skyrockets. They tell us our schoolchildren must do
with less, that we cannot afford to see doctors when we are ill;
meanwhile they start prolonged, seemingly endless wars of aggression
against nations that posed no threat whatsoever: Afghanistan, Iraq,
Libya, and now Yemen.*

**

*Did you know that Egypt and Tunisia had lower unemployment and
disparity of income than the United States?*

**

*Organizers are calling a demonstration planned for October 6, 2011 in
Washington's Freedom Square "the biggest story on the progressive sphere
of the Internet tomorrow." October 6th marks the tenth anniversary of
the U.S. invasion of Afghanistan.*

**

*This, they say, will not be the usual sad protest demonstration in
which people show up, chant slogans, march around, then pack up their
signs and go home.*

**

*[Full disclosure: I have endorsed October 6th and will attend.]*

**

*The idea behind October 6th is simple: to recreate Tahrir Square two
blocks away from the White House.*

**

*"We are not packing up and leaving this time," says Tarak Kauff, one of
the October 6th organizers. "We are preparing to stay as long as we
possibly can or until some basic demands are met. If we are driven out,
we will return."*

**

*In other words, clear your calendar for the 6th, the 7th, the
8th...however long it takes for the Obama Administration to yield to key
demands, including immediate withdrawal of American troops from
Afghanistan and the other wars. Participants are being asked to sign a
pledge to attend at http://october2011.org <http://october2011.org/>.*

**

*"Previous demonstrations were one-day events which were simple for the
Administration and Congress to ignore," Margaret Flowers, another
organizer, told me. "The large demonstrations usually happened on
weekends when there was little going on in Washington. "This is
different because it is an occupation that begins on a Thursday, a day
of business, and will continue."*

**

*They will keep the heat on. "We intend to stay and to have waves of
nonviolent civil resistance. The time for symbolic actions has ended.
Too many people are suffering and dying here and around the world
because of the policies of this nation. The planet is suffering because
of the policies of this nation. This government has demonstrated that it
is incapable of acting in the best interests of the people and planet.
We say that this is unacceptable and we will stay and resist until this
changes," Flowers said.*

**

*All the participating groups have pledged to remain nonviolent.
However, it is not hard to imagine the Washington police or other state
security apparatus reacting brutally to the occupation of part of
downtown Washington by tens or even hundreds of thousands of people.
Hoover crushed the Bonus Army. Antiwar demonstrators at the 1968
Democratic National Convention were beaten. Chinese authorities refused
to tolerate the occupation of Tiananmen Square. We have seen dissent
crushed in Iran, Bahrain and Syria.*

**

*A real demand for real change? The system will view that as a threat.*

**

*Flowers: "If the police respond violently, we will do our best to
maintain a nonviolent response. If we responded with violence, it would
reinforce the police violence and they have weapons, so more people
would be hurt. We do not want that. It will be very unfortunate if the
police and others working for the security state choose violence. But
that is a possibility as we are seeing in this country and around the
world. Empires have a history of violence. We want a different kind of
society---one that is peaceful, just and sustainable. That is the kind
of society we intend to model during our occupation."*

**

*Unlike previous demonstrations, which tended to center around one issue
like globalization or gay rights, October 6th is an attempt to unify the
American Left into a holistic attack upon the main cause of most of the
problems we face: the hegemony of big business that is the inevitable
culmination of late-stage capitalism.*

**

*Tarak Kauff: "October 6 is...a call for people to stand up to, and
resist the root cause not only of our global war-making for profit, but
of near catastrophic ecological disaster, pollution, an austerity budget
cuts that will devastate the poor and working class, lack of adequate
health care and just about every social ill you can think of. What's the
root cause? You got it before I can say it. That's right, the corporate
state."*

**

*October 6th has lit up the leftie blogosphere. If things come together,
it could be The Big One: the major event that marks the beginning of the
end of the two-party trap and a political system that extracts wealth
from the poor and middle-class for the benefit of the wealthy.*

**

*Organizer Kevin Zeese adds: "I expect that we will be staying, and not
just for the 7th and 8th. We will be working through various scenarios
on what will happen depending on how the government responds. In similar
events around the world there have been a range of actions and
protesters have had to adjust depending on them. Our intent is to stay
until we are satisfied with the response."*

**

*"History is not a fairy tale you read to your children at night," reads
the mission statement. "It is not something someone else did in another
place. History is right here and right now, in front of you."
*

*http://www.rall.com/rallblog/
*

**

*(Ted Rall is the author of "The Anti-American Manifesto
<http://www.rall.com/rallblog/books/polemics/coming-soon>." His website
is tedrall.com <http://tedrall.com/>.)*

to participate*
**
*email: libert...@hotmail.com*
**
*Tell your friends about /LUV News/ because some people just don't get it*