(http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=yR3Wunn7zpyCQff+OvD2kKL574tOjtdc)

_NUCLEAR-FREE FUTURE MONTH: TIME TO  PHASE OUT NUCLEAR POWER AND START
NEGOTIATIONS ON A TREATY TO BAN THE  BOMB_
(http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=DVjaakZjdyOStz2tr3EAE6L574tOjtdc)

_ENDORSE THE CALL TO  ACTION_
(http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=PtuGvur0rhzHdUQJn3+M9xkZVWbPADhk)
  AND _ENROLL YOUR MAYOR IN
MAYORS FOR  PEACE_
(http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=fWrwR7SxdYeTPByN7T742aL574tOjtdc)
 ! August 6th and 9th  2011 will mark the 66th
anniversaries of the U.S. atomic  bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. In the
wake of the catastrophic events  in Fukishima, let us use these August days
of remembrance to continue our  work in this third year of United for Peace
& Justice’s _Nuclear  Free Future Month_
(http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=dGZFEcuW77xXbD1z8z1AnqL574tOjtdc)
 .  It’s time to end
the toxic legacy of the  nuclear age and the threats posed by the existence
of nuclear weapons and  their evil twins, the 442 “peaceful” nuclear
reactors desecrating our  planet. Each one of these vulnerable reactors is a
potential Fukishima  waiting to happen. Similarly, the estimated 23, 000
nuclear
bombs on our  planet are subject to catastrophic accidental misuse,
deliberate sabotage,  or intentional use by some misguided government with an
insane
death  wish.
Let us use the tragic anniversaries of Hiroshima and Nagasaki and the
month of August to expand our circles in order to put our planet on the  path
sustainability, ending the nuclear scourge once and for all.   Let us use
this month to reach out and dialogue with people and  organizations beyond
the peace movement; to educate, to inspire courage  and creativity, to
illustrate the steps we can take toward abolition, and  to build a powerful
constituency for a _Nuclear  Free Future_
(http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=cXDXu16+N0FDdUQIb+AD0qL574tOjtdc)
 .
Our main vehicle for coordinating activities and disseminating  information
is the United for Peace & Justice Nuclear Free Future web  pages at
_www.nuclearfreefuture.org_
(http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=eUd941ex0lvIXHbo+l6I6qL574tOjtdc)
   where you will find a variety of action
ideas and educational resources.  Please _endorse  the Call to Action_
(http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=ifevcaOrzCh4YaOZPj5xYqL57
4tOjtdc)  and _post  your plans for Hiroshima-Nagasaki memorials on our
calendar_
(http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=eOEpxt5gEArSTWw8XvbKhqL574tOjtdc)
 . But  please think outside the traditional bounds and
plan and share additional  educational events, and actions throughout the
month of August.  And please help us spread the  word!
_Read  more_
(http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=OnzeBmhiix3lp/xYe4tVq6L574tOjtdc)
 …
_AN  URGENT REQUEST_
(http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=HilqV2nzFhEAG35EKcjplKL574tOjtdc)
 : On August 6th the eyes of the world
will turn to Hiroshima. This will be an especially poignant moment  for the
people of Japan as they suffer once again from nuclear  disaster.  In this
highly charged setting, a new Mayor will deliver  the annual Peace Declaration
for the first time. Mayor Kazumi Matsui is also the new President of
_Mayors  for Peace_
(http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=c3SVvDdRsYyUoUP1WmOvbaL574tOjtdc)
 .  Let us send him a powerful message of our
solidarity  with Hiroshima and Japan.  Let us help make it possible for him to
announce on August 6th that Mayors for Peace has reached the milestone of
5000 cities representing over one billion people who are demanding the
global elimination of nuclear weapons by 2020!
Mayors for Peace has rapidly grown in recent years to  4,853 members in 151
countries and regions, with 176 U.S. cities. _Here  in the U.S. we’ve set
an ambitious goal of 200 members by August  6th_
(http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=2VNcpuIKWwepCMJpEjCt+KL574tOjtdc)
  (24 to go)!
To find out if your city is a member  _click  here_
(http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=pUe7A/bxH+nn5bqT66qh6HkVVCbMhZcl)
 .  For a
recruitment  toolkit, _click  here_
(http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=/Xa17ZBEBlFNFn2oQFWveqL574tOjtdc)
 . Many thanks for your
help!
_Support Nuclear Free Future  Month_
(http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=D+9B4Pbbms2f8Ve4ah2Z+qL574tOjtdc)
 .  Seek peace, be part
of the solution. No  Nukes! No Wars!
United for Peace and  Justice
PS:  You may donate to this effort _here!_
(http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=romaoPfeRWH4eOG/r7Pc9aL574tOjtdc)

==
Peace NO War Network  (http://www.peacenowar.net/)
_http://www.PeaceNOWar.net_ (http://www.peacenowar.net/)
War is  not the answer, for only love can conquer hate
Not in our Name! And another  world is possible!

Information for antiwar movements, news across the  World, please visit:_
http://www.PeaceNoWar.net_ (http://www.peacenowar.net/)
e-mail: _Info@PeaceNoWar.net_ (mailto:pe...@actionla.org)
Tel:  (213)403-0131

Please Join PeaceNoWar Listserv, send e-mail to:
_peacenowar-subscribe@lists.riseup.net_
(mailto:peacenowar-subscr...@lists.riseup.net)

Please  Donate to Peace No War Network!
Send check pay to: