The draft had been going on for some time by the time I had to report to
the induction office. Nixon cancelled it the day before the point of no
return, for me.

What was big news then was the media was showing coffins coming home,
which was made illegal by the last 2 WH Administrations.

The media obviously was working for someone else's profit then the MIC,
and GE handled that by purchasing a large portion of MBC and I think CBS
was the other one, as well as purchasing a lot of food stuff companies
that already advertised on the media, so they could 'refuse advertising'
when they were a major advertiser, and raise hell in  the Board Room at
the same time.

Back then as is now, all Peace protestors are displayed as nuts, dirty
unwashed law breakers, it wasn't till the coffins entered the house of
the middle class that the middle class got on the anti war movement.
Seeing how many of our soldiers came home dead every day was too much
for them, it would have been worse if they'd HAD TO LOOK at the
disabled/maimed soldiers too.

Scott