I want to make a proposal for an approach that I believe will
increase the dynamism and participatory nature of the occupation: a
daily march for jobs, justice and peace from the OccupyLA site at
City Hall -- each day to one of the rich variety of "targets" for a
short march and a spirited rally quite nearby. I think this would
activate people at the site, involve people from the surrounding
downtown area, and with sufficient publicity and notice attract
people downtown for specific actions that appeal to them and focus on
issues of particular importance enough to bring them downtown and in
contact and communication with the occupants and the spirit of OccupyLA.

My suggestion would be marches from noon - 2:00 PM on Monday,
Wednesday and Thursday, and from 4:00 - 6:00 PM on Tuesday and
Friday. Some possible themes and targets (I am not talking about
civil disobedience or disruption, btw, just walking on the sidewalk
and rallying with a moving picket line and chants at each venue we pick):

The B of A owned by the people who own the NY park where Occupy Wall
Street is taking place. Demands on B of A and on the real estate
interests to reduce the principal on mortgages, lower their fees, etc.

The downtown Federal Building, where there is always a long line of
immigrants waiting to enter to deal with various processing. Demands
on ICE et al to stop the sweeps, raids and checkpoints, and for
defense of migrant rights.

The Twin Towers county jail on Bauchet, demanding an end to violence
and brutality against prisoners by the guards.

The CA State Building on Third and Spring, demanding that Gov. Brown
direct the Dept of Corrections meet the demands of the prison hunger strikers.

LAUSD over on Beaudry to support OccupyLAUSD and demand an end to
school privatization and militarization.

To the police substation in the Skid Row area, demanding an end to
police sweeps and criminalization of homelessness; housing is a human right.

etc etc

We can work out a schedule and unite with existing community based
organizations doing work around these various issues and many others,
with a short window of planning that would allow for a weeks worth of
publicity for each individual action -- in other words, we could kick
this off in a week or so and have it become a fixture of downtown
life for the foreseeable future. Related to this, I would suggest a
connected daily teach-in on-site from 2:00-4:00 every day that would
be an educational on the issues and strategies involved in the next
day's march and rally.