http://www.jadaliyya.com/pages/index/3537/palestinian-bloggers-and-activists-statement-in-so

Palestinian Bloggers and Activists' Statement in Solidarity with Razan
Ghazzawi<http://www.jadaliyya.com/pages/index/3537/palestinian-bloggers-and-activists-statement-in-so>
1<http://www.jadaliyya.com/pages/index/3537/palestinian-bloggers-and-activists-statement-in-so#comments>
Dec
14 2011 by Jadaliyya Reports
<http://www.jadaliyya.com/pages/contributors/6213>
[image: Listen to this page using
ReadSpeaker]<http://app.readspeaker.com/cgi-bin/rsent?customerid=5919&lang=en_us&readid=rscontent&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jadaliyya.com%2Fpages%2Findex%2F3537%2Fpalestinian-bloggers-and-activists-statement-in-so>
 [image: [Image from unknown archive.]] [Image from unknown archive.]

*[The following statement was issued on 14 December 2011 by various
Palestinian bloggers and activists in support of Razan Ghazzawi, a Syrian
activist that was recently detained by the Syrian security forces and
sentenced to fifteen years.]*

*We, a group of Palestinian bloggers and activists raise our voices loud
and clear in solidarity with all the prisoners of the Great Syrian
Revolution. We stand with all the prisoners, activists, artists, bloggers
and others, all who are shouting in the streets or on various platforms
demanding freedom and justice, while decrying the huge amount on injustice
and oppression practiced by the Syrian regime for more than four decades.*

*We issue this statement in solidarity with all those Syrian activists, and
with the blogger Razan Ghazzawi who was arrested on December 4th, on the
Jordanian-Syrian crossing border. Razan was adamant in her support for the
Palestinian cause. She was the first to stand in solidarity with the
Palestinian bloggers who were not granted a visa to enter Tunisia in order
to participate in the Arab Bloggers Conference. Razan posted a blog in 2008
during the massacre on Gaza titled, "The Idea of Solidarity with Gaza." She
wrote, "I understand when Cubans, Brazilians, and Pakistanis stand in
solidarity with Gaza. But what I do not understand is when Syrians,
Lebanese, Jordanians, and also Palestinians in exile stand in solidarity.
What is the meaning of solidarity in this context?”*

*Not only do we stand in solidarity with Razan and the other prisoners, but
we also affirm that our destiny is one, our concerns are one, and our
struggle is one. Palestine can never be free while the Arab people live
under repressive and reactionary regimes. The road to a free Palestine
comes with a free Syria, in which Syrians live in dignity. *

*Freedom to all of the prisoners in the Syrian regime’s cells. Long live
the Syrian Revolution, free from dictatorship, sectarianism, and foreign
intervention. *

Signatories:

Abir Kopty

Abrar Agil

Ahmed Fahoum

Ahmed Nimer

Alaa Abu Diab

Ali Abunimah

Ali AlMasri

Ali Bari

Amal Murtaja

Amani Ighbaria

Amra Amra

Anas Hamra

Asmaa AlGhoul

Bashar Lubbad

Budour Hasan

Dalia Ghorab

Dalia Othman

Deema AlSaafin

Diana Alzeer

Doa Ali

Fidaa Abu Assi

Hala AlSafadi

Hamza Elbuhaisi

Hanaa Mahameed

Huwaida Arraf

Ebaa Rezeq

Irene Nasser

Jalal AbuKhater

Khaled AlShihabi

Linah AlSaafin

Maath Musleh

Maha Rezeq

Maisaa Azayzeh

Majd Kayyal

Mariam Al-Barghouti

Meera AlBaba

Mira Nabulsi

Mohamed Jaradat

Nader Al-Khuzundar

Nadine Darwish

Nalan Al Sarraj

Nihal ElAlami

Nisreen Mazzawi

Ola Anan

Osama Ghorab

Osama Shomar

Rasha Hilwi

Rowan Abu-Shahla

Saed Karzoun

Saleh Dawabsheh

Thameena Husary

Yusra Jamous

-------------

http://syrianrevolutiondigest.blogspot.com/
Thursday, December 15, 2011
   Hof & Puff: Assad – dead man
walking!<http://syrianrevolutiondigest.blogspot.com/2011/12/hof-puff-assad-dead-man-walking.html>
 *Current U.S. policy towards Syria stands in stark dissonance with the
strong statements enunciated by Frederic Hof. Even dead men walking need to
be egged on, if not dragged, towards the rope.*

*Wednesday 14, 2011*

*Today’s death toll:* 36. The *Breakdown*: 13 in Hama City, 10 in Homs
Province, 4 in Idlib, 3 in Qamishly, 3 in Damascus, 2 in Deraa/Hauran
Province and 1 in Deir Ezzor Province.

Dozens of tanks and armored vehicles took part in sweep operations in Hama
City with the aim of putting an end to the general strike still observed by
locals. But local defectors fought back, and there were reports of
casualties among loyalists. In Homs City, the goalkeeper Abdelbassit
Sarout, who has become one of the local leaders of the protest movement,
was reportedly among the wounded today. In Zabadani Town in Rural Damascus,
pounding led to clashes between loyalists and insurgents.

The General Strike continues throughout all protest communities.

*Links*
*US: Assad's Syria a 'dead man
walking'*<http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Latest-News-Wires/2011/1214/US-Assad-s-Syria-a-dead-man-walking>
**
*Syrian Commanders Gave Direct Orders to Use Force, Group
Says<http://www.businessweek.com/news/2011-12-15/syrian-commanders-gave-direct-orders-to-use-force-group-says.html>
*
*Syrian dissident Mohammad Bassam Imadi calls for civilian safety
zone<http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/syrian-dissident-calls-for-civilian-safety-zone/story-e6frg6so-1226222260029>
*
A FORMER senior diplomat yesterday became one of the most senior Syrian
regime insiders to openly denounce the government of President Bashar
al-Assad, calling on the international community to protect civilians.

Leaked videos shows a massacre perpetrated by loyalist troops, who appear
very proud of their work as usual, against local activists from the town of
*Rastan* north of Homs City armed with CAMERAS
http://youtu.be/XPXd4umzj8EBut the inhabitants remain defiant
http://youtu.be/KtvyfqpHAt0

In *Insha’aat* Neighborhood in Homs City, protesters struggle to retrieve
the bodies of sniper victims from the streets
http://youtu.be/YnN3cMSXqqgAnother
http://youtu.be/0Eakz3_Wl8Y Three more http://youtu.be/e7Fo-oloiFc This one
was killed as he was bringing a bag of bread home
http://youtu.be/ypbkDwXa6RI the locals in *Bayadah* Neighborhood are having
the same problem http://youtu.be/7TzDEJG-osw Loyalists storm *Insha’aat* in
the evening http://youtu.be/Hzoigfc2dfU

In *Baba Amr*, pounding sets a shop on fire http://youtu.be/mada1O0Vrp4 But
in nearby *Khaldiyeh* Neighborhood, the local are so unfazed, they arrange
a marriage ceremony between a gas tank and a gallon of Kerosene
http://youtu.be/f9JbIcYqgtY Abdelbassit Sarout minutes before he was
wounded http://youtu.be/tpSbgww7PBs But at night, loyalists reward defiance
with gunfire http://youtu.be/LwsPRUrGGNc In *Bab Houd*, worshippers come
under shelling in the local mosque http://youtu.be/lygaX3rqIU4 But at
night, they still take to the streets http://youtu.be/OAr9psTgF8I In nearby
*Qoussour*, the neighborhood comes under intense gunfire at night
http://youtu.be/02yUqG3U5jw , http://youtu.be/UNpAj2oFBZw

In *Houleh *region in Homs Province, children forage of wood to burn
http://youtu.be/8PqkG0mg0dc And local keep protesting at night
http://youtu.be/_SOOizUSF4I Protesters come under fire in nearby *Qseir*
http://youtu.be/x5zi9tx9ypM

In the mixed town of *Zabadani *Rural Damascus, churches bells toll for
freedom http://youtu.be/ak8PjmUjfVs and for this martyred woman, originally
from Iraq http://youtu.be/C4dGVEGnDzg And they continue to toll as the
houses are shelled http://youtu.be/aP3pO25f4Kw The pounding continues
http://youtu.be/blo7CyfnDvc *So much for the Assads as the protectors of
the Christians of the East. *But people still come out at night
http://youtu.be/B6nEX5-0neE

Tanks move into the town of *Hraak* in Deraa/Hauran Province
http://youtu.be/PhqEz4AHIwU , http://youtu.be/tHyRCzeIbRw no casualties
were reported. Tanks moved into nearby *Mleihah* as well
http://youtu.be/oAt3t5f3fVk , http://youtu.be/j7wscl_13OQ

In *Alboukamal* in Deir Ezzor Province, protester burn tires in the street
after loyalist raid http://youtu.be/vreg8gWlvH8

More *defections* http://youtu.be/YPmZoZpox88

*Hama City* comes under fire http://youtu.be/7BKikn58wRM Tanks and armored
vehicles just before they invasion http://youtu.be/m63iZWIxU3g The wounded
http://youtu.be/bRJ-kk9BhFg , http://youtu.be/rXgEYWq4a04 ,
http://youtu.be/L0umwPmxeGI , http://youtu.be/qMshwcFZmOU

 *December 14 *

*HOMS CITY*: *Baba Amr* http://youtu.be/vmbkSVbMzM8 *Wa’er*
http://youtu.be/ZPqqlC97CDg *Deir Baalbah* http://youtu.be/k71E6lQJl68 *Karm
Al-Zeitun* http://youtu.be/mgGjMZ6rE3g *Bayadah* http://youtu.be/HGV7_CBBiQo

*HAMA*: *Funeral **Madeeq* http://youtu.be/K--jl7gmzD0 ,
http://youtu.be/0AsZ_vVpcmQ *Khattab* http://youtu.be/juzsh6LcWlM *Mourek*
http://youtu.be/KjxGyK8JEMc *Demonstrations* *Sharia*
http://youtu.be/ceCOicRFdl8 *Souraan* http://youtu.be/7A3MQrkh7Lg

*RURAL DAMASCUS*: *Demonstrations **Arbeen* http://youtu.be/Bn54mddPXz0 *
Zamalka* http://youtu.be/ek3xGjZ_RZ4 *Harasta* http://youtu.be/wRCZycGNfJc *
Madaya* http://youtu.be/BdrVNUn3KjM *Hamouriyeh* http://youtu.be/UhdwXDvvYpA
*Dmeir* http://youtu.be/7ealqoOSplM

*DAMASCUS CITY*: *Demonstrations **Mazzeh Eastern Villas*
http://youtu.be/ElpUqGy9Guk  *Douma* http://youtu.be/t-cxpzbaYFo *Midan*
http://youtu.be/gcVWWbtsRiU

*DERAA/HAURAN*: *Demonstrations* *Nahteh* http://youtu.be/m4nsWtnhRT0 *Tseel
* http://youtu.be/cyiJWUJJOMc *Dirbassiyeh* http://youtu.be/g8OVHhzVKP0 *Deraa