Done, and shared too.

Here is what my note said:

NO LONGER an AARP Member. You've worked against all non corporate health
care since the beginning, and each additional action gets thousands more
knowing what your doing.
Scott

I left them over their doing the hit ads against single payer, and every
time something comes up where they are using their profits against the
best interests of the common US citizen, I take the time to send things
like this to my whole mailing list, with an explanation of WHY I refuse to
support, and now work against, that which was sold to me as an
organization that worked for me, but in action, does the opposite.

I also found cheaper insurance and other services elsewhere.

Scott

http://action.firedoglake.com/page/s/aarp-rand?source=em&subsource=aaia

Firedoglake.com
Demand AARP Cancel Back-Room Meetings with Safety Net Opponents
Dear Romi,
AARP is holding back-room meetings to strategize with social security
opponents.
The Huffington Post reports that AARP CEO Barry Rand is inviting outspoken
safety net opponents to an "off-the-record, salon style" meeting on March
27th on the future of social security, called The E Street Exchange,
including US Chamber of Commerce Tom Donohue, Merrill Lynch Executive
Harold Ford Jr. and former MI Gov. John Engler from the Business Rountable
for corporate CEO's.1
Once again, AARP is working behind the scenes to build support for benefit
cuts while masquerading about as an ardent defender of the safety net to
its massive, dues-paying membership.
This is outrageous, and AARP should immediately call off the event and
disavow this shameful attempt to throw its weight behind benefit cuts. Can
you join us in demanding AARP CEO Barry Rand cancel the back-room E Street
Exchange meeting on cutting social safety net benefits?
Tell AARP CEO Barry Rand to cancel the E Street Exchange event and abandon
his efforts to throw AARP's support behind benefit cuts.
Click here to add your name: http://action.firedoglake.com/page/s/aarp-rand
Last summer, our campaign of over 32,000 activists was successful in
getting AARP to backtrack after their board voted to drop its opposition
to social safety net cuts.2
But while AARP is offering a pathetic 6-question survey and 'town hall
series' called "You Earned A Say and We're Listening" as a gesture towards
"listening" to their 40 million+ membership, it seems they are most
interested in adopting the same kind of off-the-record, unaccountable
negotiations over benefit cuts that have characterized numerous attempts
to dismantle the social safety net over the past few years -- from the
Catfood Commission to the Super Committee.3
Laughably, while Rand's E Street Exchange is holding "relaxed and robust"
discussions on "Strengthening Social Security: Facing up to the Challenge"
with Washington's 1%, AARP's 6-question online survey assures its members:
"...AARP is taking the debate about the future of these programs out from
behind closed doors in Washington, so you can make your voice heard."4
Clearly, just from looking at the invitation to their salon style talk,
nothing could be further from the truth.
Tell AARP CEO Barry Rand to cancel the E Street Exchange event and drop
his efforts to throw his organization's support behind benefit cuts.
The E Street Exchange is scheduled to take place in Washington, DC on
March 27th, and we're going to do everything we can to stop this silent
assault on the social safety net. I hope you will join us in once again
holding AARP accountable for its actions.
In solidarity,
Brian Sonenstein
Director of Online Activism,
Firedoglake.com
------
Sources:
1. Social Security Battle: AARP Plans Secret 'Salon' With Social Security
Opponents. Huffington Post, 3/16/12.
2. With AARP Supporting Social Security Benefit Cuts, It’s Time to Burn
My AARP Card. Firedoglake.com, 6/17/12.
3. AARP: You've earned a say, so tell us what you think! AARP's "You've
Earned A Say..." campaign.
4. AARP CEO Barry Rand's Invitation to The E Street Exchange. AARP.