GRAPHIC: Roots Action logo header
<https://salsa.wiredforchange.com/o/6503/images/RA_Header.jpg>

<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Rkn81T92cZUlfWatHmp6%2B3%2FxtJ2IWr1t>

<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=mc7RsYpH39ayiphhl1nZn3%2FxtJ2IWr1t>
 This time, honor someone who's earned it!

<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=6zpU8%2FzkuKAYeQe025LvCn%2FxtJ2IWr1t>
 GRAPHIC: Sign here button

<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=DQhya%2F9V4t5%2FQVBqB40P23%2FxtJ2IWr1t>
 Share this action on Facebook

<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=KCDeX1oCMssPyjvyYr134H%2FxtJ2IWr1t>
 Share this action on Twitter
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=DGWS5BQRMjji7ODKikUQYn%2FxtJ2IWr1t>

Earlier this week, RootsAction sent out the email below, to announce a new
petition urging a Nobel Peace Prize for Bradley Manning.

The response was overwhelming. More than 15,000 people signed the petition in
the first day, and the number keeps rising.

Now, we're taking an unusual step, sending you this special email to ask:
Please forward this email to people you know and lists you're on, perhaps with
a cover note explaining why you think a Nobel Peace Prize for Bradley Manning
is such an important idea.

A lot more signers will be essential to create the kind of grassroots pressure
we need. That's where you come in. We hope you'll forward this letter now.

  _____

Whistleblower Bradley Manning has been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize, and
he should receive it.

<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=3rEfFfhnAkXP2RXNlMY7TH%2FxtJ2IWr1t>

Let's help make that happen.

No individual has done more to push back against what Martin Luther King Jr.
called "the madness of militarism" than Bradley Manning. And right now,
remaining in prison and facing relentless prosecution by the U.S. government,
no one is more in need of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Alfred Nobel's will left funding for a prize to be awarded to "the person who
shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for
the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion
of peace congresses."

The intent of the prize was to fund this work. As a result of enormous legal
expenses, Bradley Manning is in need of that funding.

<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=3ybwZ5iWVsc6TrQOCbC0BX%2FxtJ2IWr1t>
 Click here to help him get it.

The people of the United States and the rest of the world have learned more
about the intentions of the U.S. government from Bradley Manning than from
anyone else.

"Thanks to Manning's alleged disclosures, we have a sense of what transpired in
Iraq and Afghanistan.  We have an image of how Washington operates in the
world," author Chase Madar wrote in his book about Manning's whistleblowing.

Just a few of the results: "Thanks to those revelations we now know just how
our government leaned on the Vatican to quell opposition to the Iraq War. We
now know how Washington pressured the German government to block the
prosecution of CIA agents who kidnapped an innocent man, Khaled El-Masri, while
he was on vacation. We know how our State Department lobbied hard to prevent a
minimum wage increase in Haiti, the hemisphere's poorest nation."

Manning revealed a secret U.S. war in Yemen, U.S. records of massive civilian
deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan, video of a U.S. helicopter attack on civilians
and their rescuers in Baghdad, and facts about the corruption of numerous
governments including those of the United States, Tunisia, and Egypt.  In those
last two nations Manning's revelations contributed to nonviolent pro-democracy
movements.

<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=hb4RnKzOLp6uOyfD%2B3XtE3%2FxtJ2IWr1t>
 While Manning sits in prison under dire conditions, we can let the Nobel
committee know that we support his nomination for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Among the revelations made by Manning through WikiLeaks is the extent of time
and energy the U.S. State Department puts into marketing U.S. weapons to the
world's governments.  We all have a better understanding of the work that is
needed for peace as a result of this exposure of "diplomacy" as consisting so
greatly of weapons selling.

The Guardian newspaper and BBC Arabic detailed last week how the United States
armed and trained Iraqi police commando units that ran torture centers and
death squads.  Maggie O'Kane, executive producer of the documentary, said: "I
hope this film will be a legacy that actually says, 'If you want to go to war,
this is what war means. It means 14-year-old boys being hung up and tortured.
It means men being turned on spits. And that's called counter-insurgency.'
This would not be coming to light if it hadn't been for Bradley Manning."

<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=rIH7hm81if97Yegq7TQ9OH%2FxtJ2IWr1t>
 Let's help someone who's earned it to receive the Nobel Peace Prize.

Please forward this email widely to like-minded friends.

-- The RootsAction.org team

P.S. Our small staff is supported by contributions from people like you; your
donations are greatly appreciated
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=9MpzLWKjmXGJQVw2d0CfZRhBYSmCtXVl>
 .

P.P.S. RootsAction is an independent online force endorsed by Jim Hightower,
Barbara Ehrenreich, Cornel West, Daniel Ellsberg, Glenn Greenwald, Naomi Klein,
Bill Fletcher Jr., Laura Flanders, former U.S. Senator James Abourezk, Coleen
Rowley, Frances Fox Piven, and many others.

Background:
Audio of Bradley Manning's statement in court.
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=b35NyqoY75EA7oqjCx0Twn%2FxtJ2IWr1t>

<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=WpkLyMwSomwAMyeDHLZgxH%2FxtJ2IWr1t>
 Donate button

<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=NUr5j%2FN8NiZ7vtzRNP445X%2FxtJ2IWr1t>
 Facebook button

<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=3BrwbAN6mAjllHGKsBWGP3%2FxtJ2IWr1t>
 Twitter button

<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=8RbDKLBx32xSaZoyeNWuT3%2FxtJ2IWr1t>
 Click here to unsubscribe and stop ALL email from RootsAction.

To modify your email communication preferences or update your personal profile,
visit your subscription management page at:
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=IaT3%2FrgAxOdSQ4PiJ%2Bae%2FX%2FxtJ2IWr1t>
 http://hq-salsa.wiredforchange.com/o/6503/profile/

 <http://www.salsalabs.com/?email> empowered by Salsa

  <http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/TrackImage?key=1417538862>