________________________________

This morning, the New York Times reported that President Obama will propose
cuts to Social Security and Medicare benefits in his budget next week.
Join the mass movement and show your outrage.
Obama is proposing the so-called chained CPI, which would cut cost-of-living
adjustments for grandparents and veterans. Here are three facts about chained
CPI that everyone should know:
1. Chained CPI is a Social Security benefit cut. If chained CPI goes into
effect, a worker at age 75 will receive $653 less in benefits a year. A worker
age 85 will receive $1,139 less in benefits a year.
2. Chained CPI cuts Social Security benefits for current seniors. The chained
CPI will cut the benefits of all current retirees, including disabled workers –
even after politicians have promised repeatedly that any changes to Social
Security would not affect current beneficiaries.
3. Chained CPI hurts veterans. Under the chained CPI, a disabled veteran who
started receiving VA disability benefits at age 30 would have his or her
benefits reduced by $1,425 at age 45, $2,341 at age 55, and $3,231 at age 65.
What you can do…
1.  Sign the petition to the White House, and join the mass outrage movement.
We're working with great allies at CREDO, MoveOn, Democracy for America, Social
Security Works and our progressive heroes in Congress on an ongoing campaign to
stop these cuts.
2.  Share these facts with everyone you can. You can forward this email, or
click to share on Facebook and Twitter.
Social Security is the core of the progressive and Democratic legacy. The
President has no mandate to cut these benefits, and we'll do everything
possible to stop him.
Thanks for being a bold progressive.
-- Stephanie Taylor and Adam Green, PCCC Co-Founders
Click to share on Facebook:

Want to support our work? We're entirely funded by our members—no corporate
contributions, no big checks from CEOs. And our tiny staff ensures that small
contributions go a long way. Chip in $3 here.
Paid for by the Progressive Change Campaign Committee PAC
(www.BoldProgressives.org) and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's
committee. Contributions to the PCCC are not deductible as charitable
contributions for federal income tax purposes.