2013-04-12/9p-6a: Flash Occupy the CCA (UPDATE)
[more info from the Facebook event page:]

Were BACK......
Public ยท By Leslie Miller
Today [Friday] at 8:00pm until Today [Saturday] at 6:00am

  We are occupying!!!

  Join Activists from Occupy Los Angeles and
other groups at Pershing Square at 8:00pm Friday
night, for this autonoumus action, where we will
be marching to CCA (626 Wilshire) to fight
gentrification and the corrupt practices of the
lobby group Central City Association. BRING TENT.

  We are peacefully gathering to protest the
Economic Development Meeting and the downtown
2020 plan to build new high rises, the AEG
Stadium and further criminalize and push out the
homeless. The CCA is the localized manifestation
and microcosm of everything wrong with policy,
the 1% and obsession with wealth and prestige. In
this hyper-localized resistance, everyone must
fight the bully in their respective backyards, as a community.

  We have power in numbers and will be OCCUPYING
the CCA, who monitors the public spaces of
downtown with private security for the one
percent. Red shirt, green shirt, purple shirt,
police all working together to criminalize the
homeless, communities of color and more recently,
to patrol protesters in the area.

Pershing Square, 532 S Olive St, Los Angeles, California 90013

- - -

OCCUPY LOS ANGELES <https://www.facebook.com/groups/268706776521732/>:
Patti Beers:

[text adapted from embedded graphic:]

Meet [tonight] at Pershing Square at 8p. Bring
your sleeping bags & tents.  Let's remind the CCA
that we haven't forgotten about their political
control over the city of Los Angeles.

Flash Occupation at the
Central Cities Association, 626 Wilshire, LA.
Fri 2013-04-12 9p-6a

###