John, you may have multiple accounts; the error message means that for at
least one account, Eudora 1) Cannot reach the mail server (i.e. that mail
server is down - cannot reach host) and 2) the credentials fail.
The only other explanation is that your not connected to the internet.
To test this, see if internet is working as normal; if it is, then see if
you can login to your usual email account using either a web mail program
offered by the server or else a different client, for example the open
source and free Thunderbird which you can download from
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/  It may be that Eudora cannot
handle something new that's going on on the server.

If are you getting mails in any account despite the errors, then multiple
accounts are set up and one of them is acting up.

Let me know how that works,

Victor Kane