2013-05 CL URGENT: Call for Volunteers (2013-05-01)

Change-Links - Independent Progressive Newspaper and Community Calendar
Update: May 1, 2013

URGENT: Call for Volunteers

Change-Links needs a * VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR * to assist John in
bringing together people to determine the necessary resources for
restoring CL to the permanent, reliable status it enjoyed for over 20
years. The VC will also gather volunteers to provide for monthly
newspaper production, delivery & subscriptions, computer assistance
for John, and development & fundraising.  Hours will depend on need &
availability and part of the job is to find a new VC replacement
before leaving the position. The VC and all other positions are
unpaid due to CL's low budget and the fact that the newspaper is
available free citywide and to subscribers at low cost. Overwork and
stress contributed to John's health issues as well as CL's ongoing
publication hiatus. CL belongs to our activist community upon whose
help it now relies. Shared among us, our work can be easily &
joyfully continued into the future. To apply, use the contact info on
the back of this card.

Change-Links is one of the few remaining print edition regional
progressive newspapers. Our event calendar covers Southern
California, focusing on Los Angeles. We provide news, resources and
obits with a focus on social & environmental justice. Some potential
readers are not Internet involved or have not yet discovered SoCal's
vibrant progressive community. A print publication is the best way to
reach this underserved population. Please help us with your volunteer
services, your subscriptions and your donations!

John is still recovering at home.  Give him a call or send an email:
818.782.1412, 818.681.7448.cell, cha...@pacbell.net. Or send a
donation or a personal gift to help him: John Johnson/Change-Links,
PO Box 9682, North Hollywood, CA 91609.

There will be no *MAY* issue of Change-Links.

###