Support the Revolutionary Wheelchair
Campaign!http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/support-the-revolutionary-wheelchair-campaignDear
 brothers and sisters,
This is an appeal to all friends and allies of the Alberto Lovera Bolivarian
Circle of NY and other revolutionary-minded folks. Johny is a warm and
passionate community activist of the popular community ‘El Valle’ in Caracas
and a dedicated supporter of the Bolivarian Revolution.  It’s people like Johny
who make the Bolivarian Revolution what it is—through tireless efforts
organizing and mobilizing from within the trenches. Johny and his wife Yajaira
are well-known to many activists from the US and elsewhere who have traveled to
Venezuela, as they have helped to organize visits and activities and have even
opened up their own home to visitors on many occasions.
Given all the solidarity that Johny has demonstrated, now it’s time to show him
some of ours. Due to a severe spinal cord injury about 20 years ago, Johny is
paraplegic and bound to a wheelchair for the rest of his life. Johny’s injury
doesn’t stop him from living life to the fullest—between working, community
organizing, hosting international visitors, and participating in mass
mobilizations, he is constantly on the go.  But his injury combined with his
high level of activity mean that the quality of his wheelchair is extremely
important to his wellbeing, particularly as the years go by.
Like millions of other working class Venezuelans, Johny is able to access
quality healthcare thanks to the Bolivarian Revolution.  However, he is in
urgent need of a new wheelchair and the specialized kind that he needs is not
available in Venezuela and to purchase it internationally costs more money than
what he can afford. So let’s each do our part and contribute whatever we can to
help Johny get his special new wheelchair—not as an act of charity, but as an
act of solidarity for a community leader of Venezuela’s Bolivarian Revolution
who has dedicated his life to social justice and touched many lives in the
process.
The total cost of the wheelchair plus all needed accompaniments is $3000.  This
is a lot of money to raise, especially when most of us in the activist
community are stretched for resources ourselves, but if we act as a community
and help to circulate this message and each do our little part, anything is
possible. ¡Sí se puede!Thank you!
Adelante!http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/support-the-revolutionary-wheelchair-campaign