*Netanyahu is in China on a state visit working on trade deals with the
Chinese capitalists and have you noticed, the very mild if any criticism
from them and Russia over the Israeli attacks...*

*For those not keeping up that's the Syrian opposition FSA, Syrian Left
Movement, The Israeli Daam Workers Party and now Turkey and the LCC's which
is the peaceful opposition.*

http://syriafreedomforever.wordpress.com/2013/05/07/the-local-coordination-committees-in-syria-lcc-regarding-the-israeli-raids/

Syria (LCC): Regarding The Israeli
Raids<http://syriafreedomforever.wordpress.com/2013/05/07/the-local-coordination-committees-in-syria-lcc-regarding-the-israeli-raids/>
Posted on May 7,
2013<http://syriafreedomforever.wordpress.com/2013/05/07/the-local-coordination-committees-in-syria-lcc-regarding-the-israeli-raids/>
<http://syriafreedomforever.wordpress.com/2013/05/07/the-local-coordination-committees-in-syria-lcc-regarding-the-israeli-raids/#respond>
 [image:
942176_528127123910942_1233463176_n]<http://syriafreedomforever.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/942176_528127123910942_1233463176_n.jpg>

“”We won’t lose our compass. The enemy of our enemy will not become our
friend.”
Regarding The Israeli Raids

The Local Coordination Committees in Syria (LCC) deplores the Israeli raids
on Syrian territory and condemns ongoing violations of the Syrian people’s
national sovereignty.

The LCC confirms that the Syrian regime’s reckless behavior has turned
Syria into a state of chaos, and the regime alone bears full responsibility
for the outcome of a country that has become a playground in which regional
and international powers settle their scores at the expense of the Syrian
people. It is important to remember that this regime has never served as a
resistance force; rather, the regime has protected Israel over the past
decades. The game of “resistance” has only been used to impose repression,
tyranny, and bullying of the domestic population under the pretext of
external danger.

The Israeli raids targeted military installations and ammunition depots,
which had been used to kill unarmed civilians – the sons and daughters of
Syria. Nonetheless, the raids can only be seen in the context of serving
Israeli interests, which align in many ways with those of the Syrian
regime. The regime is trying to force the country into a sectarian war and
to become a divided state – a condition that has long been a strategic goal
for Israel.

The Local Coordination Committees in Syria
May 6, 2013------

-------------------------------

Syria Today: Remembering a Mass
Killing<http://www.enduringamerica.com/home/2013/5/7/syria-today-remembering-a-mass-killing.html>

 inShare

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 5:20 | James
Miller<http://www.enduringamerica.com/home/author/james-miller>
 in EA Live <http://www.enduringamerica.com/home/category/ea-live>, EA
Middle East and
Turkey<http://www.enduringamerica.com/home/category/ea-middle-east-and-turkey>
, Middle East and
Iran<http://www.enduringamerica.com/home/category/middle-east-and-iran>

*Commander of the "Alawite Syrian Resistance" Mihraç Ural --- is he
bragging about "ethnic cleansing"?*

*http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CGZnXTDdfeg
*

*
*

------------------------------

1430 GMT: *UN Peacekeepers Detained in Golan.*

The same group that previously detained UN peacekeepers in the Golan
Heights has reportedly detained four more UN peacekeepers.

This is a developing story.

1245 GMT: *Iranian Foreign Minister in Jordan.*

Here are the established facts - Iran supports the Assad regime, and has
been shipping supplies, and money, into Syria via airports from Deir Ez Zor
to Aleppo and Damascus. One could argue that these supplies, as well as
those coming from Russia and Lebanon, are propping up the regime. Iran also
supports Hezbollah, and Hezbollah fighters have been actively engaged in
combat against the Syrian opposition. Jordan, on the other hand, openly
supports the Syrian opposition. They supported the move to push Assad out
of the Arab League and have the opposition take that seat. Not only that,
but it's now well established that Jordan has been sharing intelligence
with some Syrian rebels, has been training Syrian rebels, and has been
crucial in the process of arming some Syrian rebel groups with Croatian
anti-tank weapons.

Today,Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi met with his Joradnian
counterpart, Nasser Judeh, in Amman. He signaled that Iran is willing to
negotiate an end to this
crisis<https://now.mmedia.me/lb/en/nowsyrialatestnews/iran-jordan-urge-syria-to-sit-with-opposition>,
and he encourages the Assad regime to sit down with the rebels as long as
Jabhat al Nusra was not present:

*

"We have called for talks between the Syrian government and the peaceful
opposition to form a transitional government," Salehi told a joint news
conference with his Jordanian counterpart Nasser Judeh in Amman.

"We have advised the Syrian government to sit with the opposition but not
with Al-Nusra."
*

Salehi also rejected foreign
intervention<http://blogs.aljazeera.com/topic/syria/iran-fm-salehi-we-are-against-any-foreign-intervention-syria>,
an apparent reference to Israel's recent bombing of Damascus:

*

We refuse any solution forced from outside. We are against any foreign
intervention in Syria. We have seen what has happened in some countries,
which I will not name, after they faced foreign intervention. We don't want
history to repeat itself in Syria.

We haven't hidden our position in supporting the Syrian people as well as
the Syrian government. This is no secret, however, as we said in the past
two years, we are in contact with the opposition, and we have spoken
frankly to the Syrian government, urging it to have talks and negotiations
with the opposition groups. We recognise the peaceful opposition, not
including Jabhet al Nusra, and Al Qaeda, and other groups who are
responsible for innocent bloodshed in Syria.

Israel would not dare to attack Iran, you can be sure of that. However we
are ready for any worse case scenarios, but at the same time, we are sure
that Israel would not undertake such an operation.
*

Jordan, for its part, sounded somewhere between evasive and conciliatory.
Judeh downplayed reports that rebels were being trained in Jordan, and
rejected the idea that the country would be used by foreign troops to
invade Syria.

Is Iran serious about helping to negotiate a transition to a new
government? Is Jordan serious that it is not willing to help outside forces
overthrow Assad? So far, the actions of both nations have contradicted
these words, but this *could* be a sign that the rhetoric, and the
approach, is changing. Perhaps both sides are finally at the point where
they believe negotiations are in their best interests.

With another day of intensifying fighting around the Damascus International
Airport, and with a possible sectarian massacre of Sunnis in Baniyas still
being uncovered, if a shift has occured, it's too early to see it working
on the ground in Syria.

James Miller takes over today's live coverage. Thanks to Scott Lucas for
getting us started today.

1151 GMT: *Turkey Condemns Israeli Airstrikes.*

Turkey’s Prime Minister, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, has condemned Israeli
airstrikes<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/middle-east/Turkey-PM-says-Israeli-air-strikes-on-Syria-unacceptable/articleshow/19930715.cms>
on
Syrian military sites as “unacceptable.”

Erdogan stated that "No excuse can justify this operation," and that they
were a “golden opportunity” for Assad to cover up atrocities perpetrated by
government forces.

The Prime Minister suggested that "Assad is trying to cover up what
happened at Banias by using the Israeli raids as a pretext."

1115 GMT:*Mortar Shell Lands in Golan.*

Another mortar shell fired from within
Syria<http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4377020,00.html> has
landed in the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights, although no casualties or
damage have been reported.

0440 GMT: *Casualties*

The Local Coordination Committees claim 90 people were killed  on Monday,
including 30 in Damascus and its suburbs and 18 in Aleppo Province.

The Violations Documentation Center
<https://www.vdc-sy.info/index.php/en/> puts
the confirmed death toll at 59,688 since the conflict begin in March 2011,
an increase of 134 from Monday.

Of those killed, 46,844 were civilians, a rise of 78 from yesterday.

0420 GMT: *Last Week's Mass Killing in Bayada*

It is a measure of both the "fog of war" and the pace of events that a mass
killing in Syria disappears only a few days after it occurs.

Last Thursday scores of people were killed in the coastal town of Bayada,
near Baniyas. However, despite claimed videos of the dead, it was
impossible to establish the number --- activists were circulating
assertions of up to 500 people, but a "safe" estimate from the lmited
information available was at least 60.

The circumstances were even murkier. The Syrian military and pro-regime
militia were generally blamed for the killings, with assertions of men
being rounded up and executed and women and children killed in their homes.
Why this occurred, however, was never established.

By the weekend, Bayada --- and the difficulty of finding out what had
occurred --- had been set aside by the headlines of chemical weapons and
Israeli airstrikes.

Last night, EA's James Miller followed up the
story<http://www.enduringamerica.com/home/2013/5/6/syria-today-damascus-warns-israel-of-all-possibilities.html#2016>.
While it is still not possible to guage the extent of the killings ---
Miller evaluates available information to say "perhaps more than 100" ---
he sets out the claims of continuing attacks on villages in the area, the
removal of bodies, some of which were executed, and the discovery of a mass
grave.

Miller also considers the troubling allegation of "ethnic cleansing" with
the video of a commander of the "Alawite Syrian Resistance" who allegedly
brags about the episode: "Baniyas must be soon besieged, liberated and
cleansed....Baniyas is the only pathway for those traitors [insurgents] to
the sea....Our job is to cleanse and liberate towns."

http://www.enduringamerica.com/home/2013/5/7/syria-today-remembering-a-mass-killing.html