Che Guevara was a revolutionary by instinct. Personally was incorruptible
and hated the bureaucracy, careerism and privileges.

http://www.marxist.com/42-anniversary-death-che-guevara.htm
42nd anniversary of the death of Che
Guevara<http://www.marxist.com/42-anniversary-death-che-guevara.htm>
Written by In Defence of MarxismFriday, 09 October 2009
[image:
Print]<http://www.marxist.com/42-anniversary-death-che-guevara/print.htm>[image:
E-mail]<http://www.marxist.com/component/option,com_mailto/link,ca8a35d812c8acee35b28cac23e21695990098b0/tmpl,component/>

   -
   -
   -

Ernesto (“Che”) Guevara was executed by Bolivian troops near the town of La
Higuera on 9 October 1967, following an ambush. The operation was planned
by the CIA and organized by US Special Forces. On the 42nd anniversary of
his death it is appropriate that we make a balance sheet of this
outstanding revolutionary and martyr. Alan Woods, in his two-part article
from 2007 looks at the evolution of Che Guevara from his early days to the
day he was killed. [part
one]<http://www.marxist.com/forty-years-death-che-guevara091007.htm>
 [part
two]<http://www.marxist.com/forty-years-death-che-guevara-part-two101007.htm>
Ché Guevara 14 June 1928 – 9 October 1967

[image: che] <http://mexfiles.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/che.jpg>

This epic before us is going to be written by the hungry Indian masses, the
peasants without land, the exploited workers. It is going to be written by
the progressive masses, the honest and brilliant intellectuals, who so
greatly abound in our suffering Latin American lands. Struggles of masses
and ideas. An epic that will be carried forward by our peoples, mistreated
and scorned by imperialism; our people, unreckoned with until today, who
are now beginning to shake off their slumber. Imperialism considered us a
weak and submissive flock; and now it begins to be terrified of that flock;
a gigantic flock of 200 million Latin Americans in whom Yankee monopoly
capitalism now sees its gravediggers …. And the wave of anger, of demands
for justice, of claims for rights trampled underfoot, which is beginning to
sweep the lands of Latin America, will not stop.

(Che Guevara, to the U.N. General Assembly, 11 December 1964)

Ernesto Guevara Lynch, born 85 years ago today, in Rosario, Argentina.
[image:
chefamily.jpg]<http://mexfiles.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/chefamily-jpg.jpeg>

Che (on left) as a 16 year old geek, with (from left to right), mother
Celia, sister Celia, brothers Roberto and Juan Martín, father Ernesto and
sister Ana María.