Now I find it odd that some on these lists are down playing what is
happening in Brasil and taking the side of status quo. In any  of these
mass demos of really over the last month ( you find all types of people),
from the indigenous protests of building dams on their lands, to the gay
and lesbian demos, to students complaining about cuts and increased in
tuition, workers in occupied factories and police repression happening to
many in certain cities, bus fare increases, $20 billion spend on world cup
and people compalinig about it - you find a common thread, people are upset
with what is happening.

Now yes certain right wing groups are taking advantage, attacking left wing
groups in some cities but on the whole, its about the system and at least
from the Marxists point of view about the direction of the PT, which for
years has de-politicized movements, adapting and subordinating them to the
policy of class collaboration and we see this in many countries from
Venezuela to even the US.

The history of class struggle teaches us that a collaboration in an
organization of workers or so called leftist groupings with the
bourgeoisie, always leave the door open to the right wing,sellouts and
degeneration of the left.

Now when I post photos of the demos last night where over 1 million were
out on, over 300,000 in Rio, Steve posts a LA Times article on how its only
15,000. Sounds odd that many just go along with what the US media says on
almost everything.

Cort

--
*A means can be justified only by its end. But the end in its turn needs to
be justified.

(Also quoted as "The end may justify the means as long as there is
something that justifies the end.")

Leon Trotsky

Their Morals and Ours (1938)*
*
*
*-------*
*
*
*"Unity is a great thing and a great slogan. But what the workers' cause
needs is the unity of Marxists, not unity between Marxists, and opponents
and distorters of Marxism." *
*
-- Vladimir Ilyich
Lenin<http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/104630.Vladimir_Ilyich_Lenin>