Passing some important ideas along that won't see the pages of the government
controlled lamestream ant- news.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Green Shadow Cabinet <i...@greenshadowcabinet.us>
Date: Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Subject: In Egypt: follow the people
To: Robert Smith <1bigt...@comcast.net>

In Egypt: follow the people

In Egypt the voices of tens of millions of people have been heard. Following
months of protests and demonstrations calling for early elections, and after
weeks of intransigence by the Morsi government, the demand for a change in
power has been met.
The Green Shadow Cabinet hopes this change will lead to greater
self-determination and participation by all members of Egyptian society; we are
concerned by early reports of summary arrests and censorship of the media. We
hope and expect that the pressure for democratization will continue, regardless
of whether the government is run by Mubarak, Morsi, the military, a transition
council or anyone else, until a more inclusive and participatory Egyptian
government has stabilized.
The Green Shadow Cabinet supports the right of the Egyptian people to decide
what kind of government they have, and who its leaders will be. Leadership of
the Egyptian government is not the business of any foreign government, and the
United States of America should not back any particular candidate or party, or
pressure the Egyptian people to seat anyone. Quite simply, the U.S. should not
intervene into the business of Egypt.
The U.S. State Department this past week released an additional $1.3 billion to
Egypt in the form of military aid. Today, the White House announced that it was
considering ending this aid. While the Green Shadow Cabinet agrees that
military aid should be cut, this should be done not as form of intervention,
but as a matter of general practice. The U.S. should cut military aid not only
to Egypt, but also to Israel ($3 billion annually), Pakistan ($673 million),
Jordan ($319 million), and the billions of additional dollars in military aid
the U.S. spends annually in over 150 different countries. The U.S. needs to
stop military intervention in the affairs of other nations whether directly or
through military aid.
In place of using military aid as a foreign policy tool, we support major
increases in U.S. humanitarian aid to fight hunger, disease and illiteracy —
not people. Further, this kind of aid must not be used to undermine the
self-determination of those receiving our support.
~ Statement of Jill Stein and Cheri Honkala, President and Vice President in
the Green Shadow Cabinet of the United States.

Who do you think funds the Green Shadow Cabinet? That's right. Click here to
donate. Thank you.
For website: Green Shadow Cabinet of the United States of America
To unsubscribe: Click here