A couple of days ago, I picked up this little paperback in Barnes and Noble.
It looked good, and there were lots and lots of notes with references and links
to more interesting stuff, irresistible to the librarian in me.  And, there is
pretty much a whole chapter on depleted uranium.  So, I actually sprang for it,
which I don't do much any more these days.  The chapter on depleted uranium has
stuff about Iraq and Fallujah, and one of the appendices is about a
conversation with Gen. Groves in 1945.  So, it was probably worth the price
right there, even though there was nothing about nuclear power or Fukushima,
which would have been relevant, but you can't have everything.

I am something of a nut about environmental catastrophe and nuclear war.  Those
are the deadly plagues of our time.  If we don't get those two problems solved,
nothing... NOTHING else matters: not social justice nor Third World
revolutions, not women's rights nor class struggle or ANYTHING else.

Because there won't BE anything else.

Think about it.

Romi/"Blue"

Noam Chomsky and Laray Polk.  Nuclear war and environmental catastrophe. New
York: Seven Stories Press, 2013.

http://www.amazon.com/Nuclear-Environmental-Catastrophe-Noam-Chomksy/dp/1609804546/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1373081457&sr=8-1&keywords=noam+chomsky+nuclear