1. Hands Off Venezuela @HOVcampaign <https://twitter.com/HOVcampaign>

   RT @venanalysis <https://twitter.com/venanalysis> Tired Of Helping The
   CIA? Quit Facebook, Venezuela Minister Urges
http://tinyurl.com/n4s3syp <http://t.co/fx4Px8G94q>
   #venezuela <https://twitter.com/search?q=%23venezuela&src=hash>

   Hands Off Venezuela @HOVcampaign <https://twitter.com/HOVcampaign>

   With “Zero Tolerance to Gringo Aggression,” Maduro Cuts Off Venezuela
   Contacts With the USA "enough is enough" http://fb.me/FBA1C7gw
<http://t.co/kKkdMSRcQb>
   Expand <https://twitter.com/HOVcampaign/statuses/359277093198118912>
      - Reply<https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?in_reply_to=359277093198118912>
      - Retweet<https://twitter.com/intent/retweet?tweet_id=359277093198118912>
      -
Favorite<https://twitter.com/intent/favorite?tweet_id=359277093198118912>
   2.

With “Zero Tolerance to Gringo Aggression,” Maduro Cuts Off Venezuela-U.S.
Talks Sascha Bercovitch (VA),- *The conversations that were started a month
and a half ago between Venezuela and the United States have definitively
ended, Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro announced yesterday at an event
of the Strategic Regions of Integral Defense (REDI) in Cojedes state.*

*“My policy is zero tolerance to gringo aggression against Venezuela. I’m
not going to accept any aggression, whether it be verbal, political, or
diplomatic. Enough is enough. Stay over there with your empire, don’t
involve yourselves anymore in Venezuela,” he said.*

[image: President Nicolas Maduro and Foreign Minister Elias Jaua
(EFE)]<http://i1.wp.com/nsnbc.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/maduro-jaua.jpg>

President Nicolas Maduro and Foreign Minister Elias Jaua (EFE)

The announcement comes after controversial statements from Samantha Powers,
President Barack Obama’s nominee for U.S. envoy to the United Nations, who
testified to the U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations on Wednesday
that she would fight against what she called a *“crackdown on civil society
being carried out in countries like Cuba, Iran, Russia, and
Venezuela.”<http://venezuelanalysis.com/news/9869>
*

In a statement written on Friday that marks the last communication between
the two countries, Venezuelan Foreign Minister Elias Jaua wrote,

*“The preoccupation expressed by the U.S. government regarding the supposed
repression of civil society in Venezuela is unacceptable and unfounded. To
the contrary, Venezuela has amply demonstrated that it possesses a robust
system of constitutional guarantees to preserve the unrestricted practice
and the respect of fundamental human rights, as the UN has recognized on
multiple occasions.”*

Jaua spoke with US Secretary of State John Kerry in a meeting in Guatemala
last month that Kerry described as the *“beginning of a good, respectful
relationship.”*

However, relations cooled after Bolivian President Evo Morales’
presidential
plane<http://nsnbc.me/2013/07/03/serious-abuse-barring-evo-morales-flight-over-snowden-suspicion-i/>
was
prevented from entering the airspace of four European countries following
false information that U.S. whistleblower Edward Snowden was on board, and
Maduro’s subsequent offer of political
asylum<http://nsnbc.me/2013/07/06/maduro-venezuela-will-offer-snowden-political-asylum-as-head-of-st/>
Snowden.

*“I told Jaua to convey to Kerry [in June] that we are ready to have
relations within the framework of equality and respect,” *Maduro said
yesterday.* “If they respect us, we respect them. But the time has run out
for them to meddle in the internal affairs of our countries
and publicly attack us. Their time has run out, in general in Latin
America, and in particular with us.”*

Neither country has had an ambassador in the other nation since 2010, when
late Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez refused the entrance of
newly-appointed US Ambassador to Venezuela Larry Palmer for* **“blatantly
disrespectful”* remarks <http://venezuelanalysis.com/news/5903>, and
Venezuelan Ambassador to the US Bernardo Alvarez was expelled from the
country several days later.