jamison.lofthouse@gmail.comwrote:

>> If all goes perfectly, Wikitech will be restored to its original state but be slightly slower.

> Could you explain this a bit more? Is this due to the new role data storage backend? How much of a slowdown should we expect?

Things will be slower in large part because of limitations in the keystone api -- in some cases where we were able to do one big ldap query to answer a question like "what projects am I in?" we now have to do clumsy things like ask each individual project "am I a member of you?" which adds up to a lot of REST calls.

Most everything is cached, though, so the slow page loads should only happen occasionally. If you run into a case where performance is unbearably slow, let me know and I'll see about optimizing.

-Andrew