This didn't go very well, and then I got pulled into a related emergency[1] (one that was related but largely invisible to users.)

So, I may have another go at the suspending/resuming tomorrow morning. As before, if we wind up needing to do something more intrusive than suspend/resume I will provide additional notice.

Sorry about the endless maintenance window :(

-Andrew