On 4 June 2014 09:34, gretchen schulfer <gschul...@gmail.com> wrote:

> this is amazing news, Thomas! i can't tell you how much i appreciate it! i
> had tried to create an installer using pynsist, but wasn't having much luck
> (based strictly on the fact that i'm a Python novice and had no idea what i
> was doing :) anyway, i will report any bugs in the win-installer branch.
> thank you so much! you've made my day :)

You're welcome! It was a bit tricky to work out everything it needed, but
I've checked in a script (grab_files.sh) which pulls together all the
necessary Windows libraries, so it should be easy to rebuild the installers
now. I've actually written that bit as a Linux shell script, because that's
easiest, but it could easily be translated to a cross-platform Python
script if you want to run it on Windows.

To build the installer on Linux:
1. Install pynsist (pip install pynsist) and nsis (on Debian-based distros,
sudo apt-get install nsis)
2. Get the necessary libraries: ./grab_files.sh
3. Build the installer: pynsist installer.cfg

Even better, I've just worked out how to avoid relying on numpy, which
makes it easier to build the installer, and makes the installer about 25%
smaller. I've posted the new installer in the same place:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60195410/Labyrinth_0.6.exe

Best wishes,
Thomas