I took my driving test in England, and passed first time.  However, unlike
Jean I managed to get throught the test without managing the reverse around
the corner.

I was extremely nervous on the day of my test, and my instructor said that
mornings driving was the worst he had ever seen from me.  Having a shaking
right leg did not help then or in the test.

The test started reasonably well.  However, when I  got to the reverse
around the corner, there was a lone child stood at the corner - not as
though they were going to cross the road - but enough to worry me.  I stated
that I was going to wait until the child moved away, as I could not predict
what he was going to do.  When the child moved, I was extremely nervous
again, especially as reversing around a corner was not something I found
easy.  I started to reverse, realised that I was going wrong and pulled
forward to start again.  Second time I went wrong again, and stopped to pull
forward.  The examiner told me to pull forward and turn - so I did not
complete this.  I decided that (knowing others had failed in the past beause
they had given up after making a mistake) I might not have got around the
corner, but I could still prove that I could drive, and I passed.

Having said that, it wasn't as bad as my husband's driving test - in a car
that had suddenly developed a fault and had stalled several times on the way
to the test centre.  It was a hot summers day, but he had to keep the heater
and fans going to keep the engine as cool as possible.  He warned them that
the problem had developed and explained that he had to take care in order
not to stall the car, and might not manage to get it into fourth gear in the
busy city area of the test area.  There was also someone inspecting the
examiner sat in the back of the car in an overcoat.  I'm not sure I would
have got through that one.

Karen,
In Coventry, where the rain held off today.

unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED]