We had the most entertaining adventure Monday morning.  I had had a
sleepless night and my stomch was quite discombobulated for reasons unkown,
and I had already caleld in to work to advise I wouldn't be in.  Meanwhile,
my SO is getting ready for work, and as he comes up the stairs from having
showered downstairs, I hear a bit of a shriek from the landing.  He comes
running in my bedroom, announcing, "There's a bird or a bat in the house!"
Here I am groggy and queasy, having to identify some flying creature at 5
am.  Turns out to be a bat.  Carl escapes to go to work, I go back to bed.
Later that morning (stomach OK now, just hungry, and head dizzy from no
sleep) I get up to keep occupied so I can sleep normally.  I find the bat,
coax it onto a broom, take broom to window, juggle broom, bat flies away.

About noon I get a call from Carl, hoping I've gotten rid of the bat.  I
hear people giggling and chortling behind him; it was great amusement all
day for his co-workers.  By the time he got home, he had himself convinced
(sort of) that it wasn't really a bat, but a huge pterodactyl with razor
teeth and fangs 3 feet long trying to kill him.  Why it could have shredded
him in an instant!  And those tremendous claws on those enormous 6-foot
wings!  Thus inspired, I wrote a two-page short story of the Pterodactyl
Crisis, replete with allusion to the legendary Jabberwock.  Couldn't find
anywhere to insert mimsy borogoves, though....no giring and gimbeling in the
wabe, either.  It still made for a frumious story about what was really the
cutest little bat.....

Thurlow in Lancaster, Ohio
where the house (castle in the story) is current;y both bat-free and
pterodactyl-free

unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED]