We live in central Pennsylvania, and our kids (13, 10, 6) ask to be excused from the table. DH grew up in Southern California and I grew up in New Mexico, and we both learned to do the same. My parents were also strict about other table manners, like asking for something to be passed. My paternal grandmother kept a wooden spoon by her place to smack our hands if we reached. DH is from a large family and they served themselves buffet style in the kitchen. We do the same but we do it to save on dishes and to make those extra helpings a little less tempting. I am less likely to eat more if I have to go to the kitchen to get it. DH isn't so inhibited! But there are less dishes to pass.

Cherry Camp Hill, Pa USA

unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED]