On Monday, Jun 23, 2003, at 18:26 US/Eastern, Clay Blackwell wrote:

I had a series of amusing emails with the seller, who had to
agree with my observations, but said she was basing her
description on someone whose dear grandmother has recently
passed away!

Very safe; the dead ones can't voice objections :) And, *you*, may have used the thingummies to fix your hair-curling rollers in place but, for the uncouth me, they look like coctail-nibbles "spears" (of the time when the SU moved away from "finger food" to "classy" but wood was more expensive than plastic)

Of course, in some "parallel world" the same thingummies *might* have been used for lacemaking (doubtless, of parallel patterns and techniques)... I'm the last person to insist that MO is "it" for the world gone and the one to come... :)

-----
Tamara P Duvall
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Lexington, Virginia,  USA