Tamara wrote:

<<g> Could it, possibly, be because when you "cruise" E-Bay, you use
"lacemaking" as your key-word?>

Hadn't thought of that. Yet another senior moment. Of course, I don't look
for millinery - wonder what items I'm missing that *are* to do with
lacemaking but listed under millinery. Under that assumption, the number of
possible search words is just too great to contemplate.

My actual ebay search key-word is lace*, which covers the word lace and all
words that start with those 4 letters, the * being a wildcard representing
any or no other letters. I suppose it should really be lac* for those
sellers who can't spell and miss out the 'e' in a word like 'lacey', but
then the number of words that begin with 'lac' as opposed to 'lace' would
make the number of irrelevant items to trawl through unweildy.

Jean in Poole
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED]