A number of folks have mentioned trying to shut off their computers and
having all kinds of problems.  This is not a problem issue for my
computers at work, but it sure does happen on my home computer! and it's
been very, very frustrating over the years.
Well, I happened to mention it to one of the hardware guys at work, and
he said that with some computers, when you hit that little "off/on"
button to turn it off, the trick is, to hold it down for several
seconds, and the computer finally says "well, duh! I need to shut down"
and turns itself off.
Works like a charm for me, and it's an easy fix.
--sue, in beastly hot, dry, smoky Montana (yes, it's too hot to make
lace!)
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED]