I know the wide variation in our weather is said to be the reason for rail
problems but what happens in other countries with equally wide, or even wider,
variations in weather.  The Canadian Pacific Railway is an easy example to
find.  It experiences colder winters than ours and hotter summers as a rule.  How
are their tracks made to cope with below zero in winter and the ninties in
summer?

As for global warming, Toni, large chunks of Europe are on fire because there
has been no rain for months and there are now high temperatures making it
easy for silly s..s of arsonists to create horrendous blazes.  In the south of
France a man turned down by the fire service lit fires in revenge in which
several people died.  He was caught in tha act of trying to light more.

Given the large areas involved, the lack of precise location given in our
news and ignorance of the exact location of memebers I will say I hope no one on
the list is in danger in France, Spain, Portugal, Germany, British Columbia,
Alberta and the States closest to them.  I'm hoopeful that the torrential rain
we experience recently has reduced our risk of major fires.

Patricia in Wales

unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]