In a message dated 8/18/03 6:27:41 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Now Australian lyre birds, they CAN

imitate almost any sound!

When we lived in Florida I heard a mockingbird do a perfect imitation of a
police siren. I realized it was a bird when the noice didn't get any louder or
quieter as a siren would do as the police car drove around; I looked out to our
telephone pole (where it liked to perch) and there it was!

Barbara in Rhode Island, USA where it is a cool morning - so far

unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]