We deal with lactose intolerance in our family, too.  My husband is
"Mediterranean", where many are lactose intolerant, and he is no exception.
One of our daughters can measure her immune strength by drinking milk. And a
grand-daughter (niece to the aforementioned daughter) is also lactose
intolerant.  All of the above, however, can eat at will, yogurt.  It is
"partially pre-digested" and easily tolerated, as is the cream cheese made
from it (which goes by variations of Labneh or lebanie) (and btw, if anyone
wants to know how to make the above cheese, please contact me privately)

The above grand-child, by the way, was extremely colicky, even though
breast-fed. Her mother was told about a simple change in diet.  No meat or
dairy products in the mother's diet as long as the child nursed.  It worked.
Personally, I'm wondering if the same diet while the  mother is pregnant
would also help the fetus. It would take dedication - makes for a very
boring diet. (And you vegans out there, don't jump down my throat!)

Just my 2 cents worth.

Rose-Marie
Abbotsford, BC, Canada
where it will be another beautiful (but rainless!) day

unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]