When did you last look at all the pictures that you and your family
past and present have taken?

I have suddenly had to look through many photos, yes some are
in albums, most of my lace ones are.  I have done what my family
in the past have done, not dated or named, whether it be people,
lace, events.

Why have I suddenly thought about this, well for months I have been
thinking about a letter I found from my mothers cousin who lived
in N Y state in 1932.  I had not a clue in the old photographs who
was who.  But I knew they lived in the States remember being
told by my grandmother.

Just last Saturday I did a surf of my great-great-grandfathers name,
low and behold I found information on the web, someone had searched
and found the grandfather and his family, their ages in 1851, plus
there was an email address from the person who had requested
this turns out yes to be a relative of mine living in the States,
since then we have been e-mailing information, I have just received
three photographers, with most of the names of the people in
the photographs, I just can't believe my luck.  So now my first
job is to go through all the old photographs, put them in family
order, then when I can name them.  I have even found two
cards from the late 1800's stating the deaths of two men in our
family.  This is something that we don't do today, which I find
interesting.  Oh I even found an envelope of lace photographs,
have not a clue when and where I took them.

DH laughed when I said that I had better do something about
my photographs, just grinned and said, you have 900 on your
digital camera to do.

Jean in Newbury UK

unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]