This is just a reminder to one and all that the Borders Lacemakers' major
annual Lace Day with speaker and suppliers takes place on Saturday 1st November
at The Holiday Inn, Newport (South Wales).  I think the ticket costs 4GBP but
as price is not given on the ticket and everything bookish and craftyish is
packed away in boxes while I have major work done on my house I can't look it up
anywhere.  If I'm wrong I will most certainly be corrected :-)  A (set) lunch
ticket costs an additional 5GBP.  (That is on the ticket)  Entry is by ticket
only.

The entrance ticket is also a raffle ticket, quite separate from the raffle
held for our charity this year.  There is usually a good mix of suppliers.  But
the jewel in the crown is our speaker: Norman Willis.  Forget about his
career in trade unionism as he is speaking about another great love of his life -
cross stitching/embroidery.  Those of you who also cross stitch may have read
his column in a cross stitching magazine.  I read a letter to it which raved
about the address he gave a meeting elsewhere in the country.  I'm certainly
very much looking forward to hearing him.

For those interested tickets are available from:

Jenny Hester,
Cedar Bungalow,
Clytha Park,
Abergavenny,
Gwent,
NP7 9BW

Tel:  01873 874466

Please make cheques payable to Borders Lacemakers and please, please enclose
a stamped, self addressed envelope.

This is always a most enjoyable day, one of the highlights of our lace year.

Patricia in Wales
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

P.S.  If in doubt about the total cost send a blank cheque with, written
below the box for the amount in figures,  "not to exceed 5 or 10 " depending on
whether you want a lunch ticket.  I have done this satisfactorily on more than
one occasion.