At 03:15 PM 10/18/03 -0400, Martha Krieg wrote:

>My husband took the train from Ann Arbor,
>Michigan, to Denver, Colorado, this summer, then from Denver up to
>Seattle.

Pity we didn't know this when my Michigan sister, my Indiana sister, and I
visited our Seattle sister this spring.

Twenty or thirty years ago, during the brief time when there was a train
station in Warsaw, I had dental work that precluded air travel and came here
from New York by "roomette".  Lying in bed is the *only* way to travel -- if
you can afford it.

Most of the places I want to go, "afford it" would involve laying track, or
at least buying a private car.

--
Joy Beeson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]