This is a cut-&-paste from an email I receive from the BBC programme
"Newsnight", so I'll have to assume permissionhas been given  to send it on,
but  it's just too funny not to share!  As it seems to slander all nations
equally, I'll make no apologies for the content.

Linda Walton,
in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, U.K.

Finally, in the run-up to the rugby world cup quarter-finals, news to offend
most nations from Joanna Forman in Sydney. Following complaints made to the
IRB about the All Blacks performance of the 'Haka' before their games, the
Board has now agreed the following pre-match rituals of their own.

A. The England team will chat about the weather, wave hankies in the air and
attach bells to their ankles before moaning about how they invented the
game, and gave it to the world, and how it's not fair that everyone can beat
them now. Failing that they will see what the Americans are doing and join
in.

B. The Scotland team will chant "You lookin' at me Jimmy?" before smashing
an Irn Bru bottle over their opponents' heads.

C. Unfortunately the Committee were unable to accept the Welsh suggestion
following representations from the RSPCA.

D. Argentina will unexpectedly invade a small part of opposition territory,
claim it as their own "Las In-Goals-Areas" and then be forcibly removed by
the England team.

E. Two members of the South African team will claim to be more important
than the other 13 whom they will coral between the posts whilst they claim
the rest of
the pitch for themselves.

F. The Americans will not attend until almost full time. In future years
they will amend the records to show that they were in fact the most
important team in the tournament and make lots of films to prove it.

G. Five of the Canadian team will sing La Marsaillaise and hold the rest of
the team to ransom.

H. The Italian team will arrive in bright red cars, harass the female
stewards and then run away.

I. The French will declare they have new scientific evidence that the
opposition are all mad. They will then park lorries across the half-way
line, let sheep loose in the opposition half (unless playing Wales) and burn
the officials. However they may not attend the World Cup at all as it
involves the deployment of Frenchmen in another part of the world.

J. The Australians will have a barbie before negotiating lucrative singing
and TV contracts in the UK. They will then invite all their mates to come
and live with them in Shepherds Bush.

K. The Ireland team will split into two, with the Southern half performing a
Riverdance, while the Northerners march the Traditional route from their
dressing room to the pitch, via their opponents' dressing room.