"Lynn Scott" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>My kindergarten version of revenge on the
>teachers and my father, who insisted I change hands, was to learn to write
>upside down and backwards, something I am still quite adept at 45 years on.

Hey, me, too!  One rainy afternoon, my mom, with me and my two little
brothers running out of entertainment, suggested we learn to write upside
down.  Then backwards.  I can still write (or read) backwards or upside
down or upside down AND backwards.

Many people over the years have told me, "Oh, it's easy, just remember that
if you hold out your thumb and index finger, the left hand makes an L!"
However, since in kindergarten, I distinctly remember having trouble
deciding which way the bottom of the L pointed, I doubt this would have
helped me. :)

I did eventually learn that if north was up on a map, west and east spelled

another Lynn,
Lynn Carpenter in SW Michigan, USA
alwen at i2k dot com