<<...carrying a handbag and keeping track of it doesn't seem to be "second
nature" to men the way it is to women :)>>

One of my students a couple of weeks ago (I'm an IT trainer) says he
carries a laptop computer case around with him, and uses it like a woman
uses a handbag, to carry his stuff.  Being a laptop case it looks cool
enough for him to carry - but it must also be an invitation to thieves who
don't know there's no laptop in it!

British men don't do handbags, unless they're gay.

Regards,
Annette, London