Linda wrote:

<"The Sun still rises in the East and sets in the West in the Southern
hemisphere, it is that it is in the North, not the South that seem to
confuse people.>

If I stand and watch the sun in the southern sky rising in the east and
setting in the west, I see it pass from my left to my right. If I have to
turn round the look at it in the north I will see it passing from my right
to my left even though it's still passing from east to west.

Jean in Poole