Annette, I usually find myself explaining the "Theory of Magic Roundabouts"
over the dinner table - so instead of whiteboard diagrams, I utilise the salt
and pepper shakers and empty glasses to demonstrate!!!

Once I manage to convince an Australian that a "simple" magic roundabout works,
I then throw in the bit about the centre lane travelling in the opposite
direction, as in the one at St. Albans!   (Can't remember whether the one at
Swindon has that feature, being my first go at them, I was too panic-stricken
to notice!)

Ruth Budge (Sydney, Australia)

Annette Gill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Ah, the Swindon Magic
Roundabout!  I lived in Swindon for a few years, when