Dear Jean,
I admit to never having see either in the flesh, but from what I've seen on
films and TVs, there's just a wee bit of difference in the size of wallabies
and kangaroos, apart from any other differences there might be. Unless, of
course, there are miniature ones (which there might be for all I know),

There sure are. Marsupials in this family range in size from the giant Eastern Grey and Red Kangaroos of over 2 metres in height, down through the wallabies, pottaroos etc. to the kangaroo mouse. Those little marsupial mice are just stunners. I had one for a while up in Darwin. It was trying to get through our flooded porch one wet season and I first thought it was a mouse - same size and colour. But when I dried it out it hopped around on the tiles just like a miniature kangaroo.
Gorgeous things all of them - even if they do taste delicious - and there's no difference in taste between kangaroos and wallabies - all take a long time to simmer in a curry or stew, but roast rather quickly on an open fire.
Love
David in Ballarat