I have recently sent both a parcel, and a small package to the US from Oz
and it got there in rapid time.  The small package only took about 6 or 7
days.
I get a catalogue regularly (well Quarterly) from Keepsake Quilting, in the
eastern part of USA and it usually goes via Denmark or Sweden - though
goodness knows why!!!   There is usually an extra 'return address' sticker,
giving a postal address in either of these 2 countries!!

I haven't worked out the postal system yet!!   Many years ago, when Helen
still lived here, she sent to Denmark for some books, for work.  On the same
day I sent away for some wool to the company I was a home knitter for (or
Checker - checking the patterns before they were published), and she got her
books before I got my wool - from only a 20 minute drive away, here in
another suburb of Melbourne.  I was VERY put out!!! :)
from Liz in Melbourne, Oz,