Jean wrote:

***********There were three postmen on the
round who rotated nightshift sorting the post, deliveries, time off. Because
they knew the names of everyone on their rounds, they even once delivered a
letter to me addressed to "Jean Nathan, The Cottage, Taunton".

This must be a village thing.  One of the " baby cards" when I was born was
sent to "The New Baby, The Caravan, West Drayton, Retford, Notts".  When my
parents were married there were no available cottages in the village my
father worked in as a farm labourer so they had a static caravan.

Karen, in Coventry
Where there is a heavy frost this morning