Annette and I had a fabulous day, yesterday, at the NEC.  Weather so, so on the way up
and terrible rain on the way back but being there was fantastic and made getting up at
5:45 worth it.

Thanks to Biggins, SMP, Tuffnell Glass and of course the people who arranged it all -
the Fords for setting out such great, large stalls where you could see everything.

All the small guys were there that I love to see such as Carey Company, Matthew Hester
and Sarah Jones, to mention only a few and many of the stands were giving some great
offers.

What made me laugh the most?  That would be when I was at SMP trying to sign my credit
card slip.  This woman wanted to look at the fan sticks and patterns that they were
selling but I was unthoughtfully in the way paying for my goods.

Result?  Elbow in ribs and Liz flys backwards 2 feet.

Being British I said 'I'm sorry' and she replied, 'So you should be I want to look at
those'.

Time to shrug and walk away.

My only concern, apart from that incident was that it wasn't heaving with people - I
hope that the footfall was good and that everyone felt it worth the effort of selling.

Although I've been lacemaking for over 15 years, this is only the second time I've
been to the NEC (I went also last year) and I really enjoyed the feel of the event and
the layout of the stalls - much better than last year as a customer.

Thanks again to everyone who contributed to the stalls - it was a fantastic day and
yes, we spent too much money.

Liz

PS - Tamara - Pipers were there - just don't hold your breath over the post.

In a message dated 12/1/2003 9:15:24 AM Eastern Standard Time, WaltonVS writes:

> Hoping it is all right to send this to both lists as it is both Lace related
> and chatty. Pictures up of the NEC. Just zoom to the bottom of our opening
> page then go and make a cup of tea while it loads. There
> are a lot of pictures
> especially for our over seas friends who can't go.
>
>         KEEP LACING, VIVIENNE, BIGGINS

Regards

Liz Beecher
I'm <A HREF="http://journals.aol.com/thelacebee/thelacebee";>blogging</A> now - see