Clay said...
I'm confused!  Here in good old Virginia, USA, a temperature
of 79 Farenheit is considered fairly comfortable.  ....
unless there's a tremendous amount of humidity to contend

Here in New Zealand, (and we are not attached to Australia!) we have what is
know as an island climate type vs the continential climate.

The main differences are that our temerqatures are more moderate... i.e. we
think we are nearly dead with a frost of -5 C (Approx 18 F) , and likewise
with the heat.  80 F is stifling!  We do not get snow here where I live.

I do know that the extemes in a continential climate are much larger, thus
ones tolerance of a wider range of temeratures is far greater.

Hopefully that will explain the reactions to temperatures, Clay.

Maxine
>From a warm, and today sticky, New Zealand, where I have been inside painting
cupboards etc:-), instead of lacing.